Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 PRS Comp. Rifles for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    but when it comes down to each shooter being equal the only difference will be who has the more accurate and repeatable rifle.
    If the rifles were similar in weight and balance, then sure. But, if the more accurate rifle is more accurate due to having a long truck axle barrel that makes it muzzle heavy, unbalanced and impractical to shoot offhand, then it will actually put that shooter at a disadvantage in spite of being more accurate and repeatable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Why is the barrel bright red, but the action is done differently (the action looks freakin' amazing btw)??
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Thanks dude...we wanted to try a few things and the barrel didn't come out the way we wanted to so it was redone in red. No edges to make it look worn the same n stuff. Think and AR would be cool as it has a lot of edges and nooks to make it work. Barrel is the Heavy Palma which is the most popular barrel run in the PRS as it leads to a well balanced and accurate rifle. Glad ya like it guys

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    Thanks dude...we wanted to try a few things and the barrel didn't come out the way we wanted to so it was redone in red. No edges to make it look worn the same n stuff. Think and AR would be cool as it has a lot of edges and nooks to make it work. Barrel is the Heavy Palma which is the most popular barrel run in the PRS as it leads to a well balanced and accurate rifle. Glad ya like it guys
    What's the weight of the rifle.?
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Regular
    22 or 26 inch barrel the 6 CX shoots the same and will even run the same speeds with different powders. Accuracy is not dictated by barrel length really. We have built from 22 to 26" and 3113 FPS on a 22 and 3080 to 3120 FPS on a 26. I prefer the 22 inch myself but went 26 based on a referral form Joe Wall for the comp guns next year. Number 2 and 3 left to come in the next few days guys...keep ya posted

CGN Regular
    Manners carbon and 591 surgeon with 26 Inch HP....9 ish pounds but I could toss it on a scale to be sure for ya Pitbull

Which bipod it that? Looks great BTW!
    DCRA, PEI Provincial Rifle Association, CCFR

CGN Regular
    LRA Carbon Fiber F-Class series. Thanks

Are you going to use the LRA in matches? I love mine but it seems like most guys are going with the smaller Harris and Atlas bipods in the PRS.

CGN Regular
    Not 100 percent yet...
    Still trying this one out on a lot of positional stuff and it seems ok to me but it does eat a few more seconds off the clock to set the legs out vs the harris spring loaded legs...
    10 times as solid in a prone position and off a barrel structure so I don't know what my trade off will be...might use it...might not. Time will tell I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast