Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/3 PRS Comp. Rifles for 2016

BANNED
    I absolutely LOVE the look of that rifle! Great job!

Thanks very much!...we like the look as well...and we are working on few more designs and will post soon!

.....to previous comments
    We have found the heavier contour barrels such as MTU and M24 are very popular.....but by no means are they more accurate on paper when we proof and test our rifles. Our medium palma, light palma, remington varmint and even #3 sport contour barrels shoot every bit as well as the heavy "truck axles" .....its just that that the heavy barrels are easier to hold and call shots ( from prone and a bench) especially without a brake. If the chamber is cut right in a good barrel-a light barrel gives up very little to its heavy counterparts....there is a value to seeing trace and impact in the scope to call shots and correction.... a rifle that fits well will help to achieve a natural point of aim; rifle weight will help with shot to shot consistency but can hinder positional shooting maneuverability. A good friend of ours actually shoots a Baker Special McM stock with a 3 way adjustable but-plate and Heavy Palma OTM Marksman contour barrel....its actually a heavier than the average rifle but he shoots it very well and wins consistently.....it really comes down to practice and putting 10K+ rounds down range for practice each year,

My rifle above is around 14lbs with the scope and it is average in the PRS

What kind of Mount is the scope sitting in? Absolutely beautiful rifle btw.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 168bergersapper View Post
    What kind of Mount is the scope sitting in? Absolutely beautiful rifle btw.
    NEAR Alpha Mount

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    NEAR Alpha Mount
    Roger thanks.

CGN Regular
    A lot seem to run the SPUR mount which is awesome but a little on the heavy side...
    I see the APA rings on a lot of rigs running in the PRS tours as well.....We kept it Canadian...Love the Near stuff

CGN Regular
    I agree with what your saying....my PRS rig weighed in at 18.5lbs and know several others that run the same and higher, really boils down to what your individual likes are and what fits your capabilities at that given time.

CGN Regular
    that's true... I love a pipe on all my stuff...hunting rigs as well. Light weight rigs come in at the 13 lb mark...hahahah
    And for me it seems with a larger pipe on my rig they have less vertical differences in the groups at distance on 10 shot strings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123