Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 PRS Comp. Rifles for 2016

1/3 PRS Comp. Rifles for 2016

This is the 1st of 3 PRS rifles we are using for the 2016 season.
    We are trying a few different things with the cerakote combinations
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gonna be lots of Canucks on the scoreboard this year!

Which matches are you going to?

That's a Darth Vader rifle right there! What caliber?

CGN frequent flyer
    Flashy.

I'm not normally one for super extravagant designs, but this still looks pretty good to me. Different which is not alwasy bad.

Good work.

CGN Regular
    All three will be 6XC shooting the 105 Hybrids...

I'm curious, is 6XC the most accurate at distance in those medium calibers? How about 6 Creedmoor? Or is there an ease to components or reloading for one or the other?
    Great looking gun!

CGN Regular
    6 Creedmoor is every bit as accurate as is any of the medium 6mm there is . More driver it seems then the round. I know the top 3 this year that finished were using them. 6x47, 6xc, 6 Creedmoor all are very accurate and fun to shoot. Components seem to be about the same I think. 105 hybrids are thin up here as well as brass for the most part but all can be had in the US and brought up quite easily. I know all the 6XC we have built were all in the high .000,s and low .100s on 5 shot groups in the first 5 to 8 rounds down the pipe....had me believing in em

PRS matches are won and lost on positional and barricade shooting. Don't get me wrong, you need an accurate gun to be able to hit the sub-MOA targets on the KYL racks and various prone stages. But if you can't hit 1.5 MOA targets shooting from barricades, tripods and other unstable positions, you're not going to finish near the top.

In many ways PRS is like Service Rifle; bringing a barrel heavy bench gun to a match is going to hurt you more than it helps you. Focusing solely on getting the ultimate accuracy out of a stable prone position is not the recipe for success. So, the small differences there may be between those catriges is meaningless if it even exists.
    Last edited by kombayotch; 12-14-2015 at 11:47 AM.

CGN Regular
    oh yes...all are great performers for sure and a guy has to be able to hit form all positions and even the weak side but when it comes down to each shooter being equal the only difference will be who has the more accurate and repeatable rifle. Oh...and as Joe Wall tells me...a little luck never hurts a fella too...hahahahah

CGN Regular
    LOVE the look of the action! The barrel is a bit to bright/ flashy fo my tastes, but the rifle looks great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast