NC Star Scopes and vz58 rifles

My experience, for what it's worth:

I bought one of their "Vism" 1-4 scopes for my Ruger SR22 carbine. I compete in IPSC mini rifle, and I've always used a RDS. I wanted to try an optic that gave me some magnification, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. So, I started with this "entry-level" or "budget" scope to give it a try before I invest in something like a Bushnell AR optic or something.

Anyway, I've tried it out and, for the price, it's really quite good. Appears to be solidly constructed. I really like the illuminated dot. Holds zero. Decently bright and clear. For my .22, I don't think I need to spend more.

33tqdu9.jpg
[/IMG]

some of the offerings on marstar's site would be PERFECT for my vz58 if it was in 5.56 caliber instead of 7.62x39. i really wish they had 7.62x39 BDC options as well :(.

edit: like this one seems good

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=75845
I got this particular model from Marstar and installed it on my M305. I've put about 200 rounds through it with no problems. While I do understand sayings like "buy once, cry once" and "you get what you pay for" I personally do not see much logic into putting optics that are almost as expensive as the rifle itself (or more). It is a sight, just an accessory. This is just a hobby for me. I'm no combatant and my life does not rely on the weapon system nor do I realistically expect a situation to rise up in my lifetime where my survival will depend on my guns.

If I ever decide to harvest a buck with my M305, it's just as capable to complete the mission with this NCStar scope as a much higher priced rifle with a premium super expensive optic.

_hVMamAmaFGeMH-2TTyZp7vUnEp1ejXUCpsRbrWYh33C8iTu4SZYj1G0iiFuwWikyVSxaZcs3aNT=w1366-h511-no

jyF2qsINSIB2gFRNihHZBuWOsM2EBVRQSNTZW0REjfiRrR5BxtRL-ppR9E25mI-F_K5iqIFnbvQL=w1366-h432-no

m14target.jpg

Some less than ethical dealers will offer air soft and pellet models, which cost less and are not built for firearms, as the "real thing" thus increasing their profit margin....

NCStar could easily do something to stop the unethical selling of their airsoft scopes as the "real thing", but they don't and that's a good enough reason for me to avoid them. altogether.

Last edited:
Ive got a 3-9x compact with the tri-rail setup. sight picture seems clear. I havn't had a chance to put mine thru the paces yet, but for a hundred dollar scope im not expecting much.

Update: The replacement scope that Marstar went me has died as well. I'm not bothering with another return -- I don't have the time to schlep to the post office to send it back.

I think its probably a decent scope on a 5.56/.223 platform but on a x39 platform it gets beat up too much.

Update: The replacement scope that Marstar went me has died as well. I'm not bothering with another return -- I don't have the time to schlep to the post office to send it back.

I think its probably a decent scope on a 5.56/.223 platform but on a x39 platform it gets beat up too much.

Was it the same scope or did you opt for a different model?

I've been asked to fix an nc-star scope that was mounted on a sks. the recoil was destroying where it mounted to the rail. I made it work again but i doubt it will last much longer. nc-star gear is for airsoft. imo putting it on anything that has recoil you are just throwing your money away. that being said the guy was happy with it but hardly shoots.

I have a couple of the compact 2-6 power model. One on my daughter's hotshot and the other one is on my jw25. No issues with either. They have seen a few other 22s as well. It fit the jw25 perfectly and looks great on there. I've had them both for 3 plus years.

I had the ncstar P4 sniper from marstar on my .22 and it was OK, but put it on my .223 and it took about 10 shots to break the crappy built in mount. cant even salvage the scope as the mount is integrated into it.

not marstar's fault but I am definitely not a fan of ncstar - these should be advertsied as .22 scopes IMO.

for sure would not put on an x39.

Back
Top Bottom