Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: NC Star Scopes and vz58 rifles

CGN frequent flyer

NC Star Scopes and vz58 rifles

has anyone had any experience using their compact scopes on a csa vz58? if so which one did you like and how did it perform? im at looking at some of their scopes and im interested in trying one out. i have the csa low profile side mount

I can't say I've bought one before, but my impression of them is they are complete junk. Too many useless features and too little primary use for the price. There are lots of other budget scopes and red dots that have decent reviews and warranty out there.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

My experience with NC Star scopes wasn't a happy one. Calling them junk is understatement. I haven't seen one yet that lasted any time at all and you could find better optical quality in a pop bottle.

While passing no judgment on Marstar for selling NC Star products, I believe NC Star is widely considered to be junk. There are vastly better scopes available for not much more money.

The only NC Star product I have purchased that survived is my .308 stripper clips. It's generally true in life, but especially true in guns: What you pay for is what you get, and cry once, buy once.

Quote Originally Posted by serbinator View Post
    has anyone had any experience using their compact scopes on a csa vz58? if so which one did you like and how did it perform? im at looking at some of their scopes and im interested in trying one out. i have the csa low profile side mount

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    While passing no judgment on Marstar for selling NC Star products, I believe NC Star is widely considered to be junk. There are vastly better scopes available for not much more money.

The only NC Star product I have purchased that survived is my .308 stripper clips. It's generally true in life, but especially true in guns: What you pay for is what you get, and cry once, buy once.
    If you haven't purchased the product why do you think you can speak as to its quality?

You get what you pay for when it comes to glass - what can you really expect for that price?
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - and proud to be Canadian!

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

They are ok as long as you don't put them on anything bigger than a .22 I tried one on my M305 and it would not hold a zero at all after a couple of shots...

CGN Regular
    I have this one https://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produ...roductid=75868
    I have not had any problems with it. I have used it on my AR, It holds zero even when removing and putting back on. Lots of features for the price. I have nothing bad to say about it. I have a NCSTAR quad rail for my AR only issue is the screws are too short so I got longer ones for it. I have 2 NCSTAR Bipods for the AR and VZ. They are not high grade military stuff but do the job for a sport shooter. Would I buy another? yes
    Here it is on my SKS

buddy of mine bought one for his..before he sold it....scope would not hold zero at all, he kept having to constantly re-zero it...till finally the adjustment knob fell off.
    you get what you pay for...imho I would never spend less than 300.00 for a plinker optic....go for a low end vortex....still very affordable...and a decent optic....with a decent warranty
    Last edited by slim123; 12-16-2015 at 03:02 PM.

NCSTAR products are definitely 'on a budget' items. As a few of the comments have stated, though, that doesn't always automatically transfer into being junk (although truthfully sometimes it does and I would be especially cautious about optics). While the old saying "you get what you pay for" is a general truth I am sure that all of us can testify to times when we have both acquired an item that's value seems to surpass its sticker price as well as purchased a high cost item that did not deliver good value for its top dollar price tag. When considering any purchases I always like to check out user reviews as much as possible. Amazon.com is often a good reference point. My own practice here is that if an item has multiple user reviews and averages 4 or more out of 5 then I am fairly confident to proceed. If not, then that is a huge red flag if the actual owners of the item are unsatisfied.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast