Marstar canada boxing day specials

This is an interesting conversation. To put in perspective If you go to another vendors thread about their boxing day sale, which was posted early and with everything listed, there are numerous comments and compliments about how the consumer appreciates the clarity of what is for sale and the advance notification. I am in that camp and think it is a shrewd business appriach on several fronts. It avoids the hype let down 'house of 1911s' experience. Food for thought.

I look forward to eventually seeing what is for sale.

X 2. I think the issue is people are just not wanting to be fooled by the "house of 1911" brewhaha that another vendor did to generate traffic and interest. We all know your sales are legit, people just wanna plan and spend money ahead of time and not be strung along like the legendary "house of 1911" thread.

I fully understand that the nice folks here want a bit of advance notice....

Perhaps you would be kind enough to advice me on how to reply ?? What is enough inventory for that week ? What will or will not be in demand ??

John

Guy probably got bit by an ultra mega sale at some other dealer who was either clearing out old not-in-demand inventory or had only 1 or 2 of most items that were being hyped.

The savvy Marstar shopper knows that you do business more honestly.

X 2. I think the issue is people are just not wanting to be fooled by the "house of 1911" brewhaha that another vendor did to generate traffic and interest. We all know your sales are legit, people just wanna plan and spend money ahead of time and not be strung along like the legendary "house of 1911" thread.

What was the house of 1911 brewhaha, they had some really nice offerings? (all priced accordingly.).

This is the issue for me

What was the house of 1911 brewhaha, they had some really nice offerings? (all priced accordingly.).

I would love to know what the "House of 1911's was. Maybe someone in the know can clue us all in?

Really though, with all due respect to this Dealer, and no offense to anyone.

I am looking for certain things with a limited budget. Also will be travelling on the 26th 27th etc so internet access may be limited. So am just trying to plan which websites I am going to go to and where I am going to spend my Santa Cash with the limited amount of shopping time I will have over the Holidays and obviously will go to the websites that have what I need on sale, vs going to everyone's site to see they are already sold out or didn't have it on sale to start with.

I am sure I am not the only one in this boat.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. And I hope Marstar has my stuff on sale and lots of it so everyone gets a whack at it

I think it's funny that people are getting upset over a sale from a dealer. Looking forward to seeing the sale when it's ready. Will probably spend more than my girlfriend will like. I hope you do the Mosin, sks, svt deal again

I don't think many folks are getting upset, just used to the other guys different way of putting on a sale, no big deal and Johnone is being a bunch more patient than I could be! Having said that, there is something to be said for posting what will be on sale and percentages, it seems to generate more activity, one recent sale got over 300,000. Hits! Not sure if that generated more sales or not which is what it's all about but they did say they had over 900 purchases in 4 days!

"House of 1911" thread was another vendor doing a huge countdown to a big sale and announcement that lasted a month of them hyping up with BIG sale and announcement... in the end it was to announce that they had increased their 1911 pistol selection slightly and were offering a small discount for a few days or whatever. It was really over hyped for nothing amazing at all.

Marstar does better sales than that... only a few days to wait, no big deal really, but sure, I guess its nice to know.

Last edited:
Marstar rocks.

I can't believe some of these store owners don't have the common sense to have great boxing week sales. A lot of people get cash for gifts and are looking to get some good deals.
I REALLY hope calgary has some good sales at shooting edge and center. They probably will not but I know wholesale and cabelas.ca will have great deals so I probably can't spend
My money at the little shops. I got 5000 to spend this year but prices have to be fair. Anyway marstar is the best keep leading the way maybe others can learn how to make all Gunnutz happy
For Christmas.

My watch list:

CF-98
Zastava pistols
Reloading & cleaning stuff
Surplus ammo

What's yours?
Hey, good idea,
Crazy prices on Pietta and pedersoli
Ammo deals
Maybe deals on multiple mags, like five for $$
Some different stuff that only Johnone can come up with!!
Prices that you say, " I don't need that but for that price, I can't leave it",,!
:rockOn::dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Dealer's shouldn't post sales in advance just because of how some of you idiots treat them online.

Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Looking forward to the sale, marstar sales are actually sales!

House of 1911's was hilarious.

It is a very poor marketing technique to let all the other dealers know what your prices are too far in advance so they can undercut your price. Marstar has the experience to know how to get the most success with a sale at the expense of a very few whiners.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to advice me on how to reply ?? What is enough inventory for that week ? What will or will not be in demand ??

John

Stupid questions get stupid answers, isn't that your motto? How could one possibly answer this without knowing what the sales are?

John

I think its easy enough to say....limited quantity, first come bases. I could be wrong though!

Back
Top Bottom