Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitting a 1lb Binary Target

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar

Splitting a 1lb Binary Target

First off, I love the product! Scared the bejeesus out of us the first time we shot one. Even at 110y we felt the blast!

Now for my question....Another buddy of mine, who has a farm, is a little concerned with the blast (neighbours) if he trys them at his place. Is it possible to split the 1lb charge into two separate containers, once mixed, just to lesson the explosion?
    Prost!

Berger

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for the compliments! As per Sections 6 and 21 of the Explosives Act you must use the target in the original container it comes with. While splitting the target's contents will definitely work we can not condone the practice because of this.
    Last edited by Gryphon Energetics; 12-22-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Once you touch the contents, you're mixing your own explosive, which is prohibited and is punishable by law.

Expired Business Member
    I should mention we do have a new product authorized called THUNDERSHOT Lite which is a reduced power target specifically for noise-sensitive areas. Expect it to be available early next year!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    That's thinking ahead ^ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Energetics View Post
    Thanks for the compliments! As per Sections 6 and 21 of the Explosives Act you must use the target in the original container it comes with. While splitting the target's contents will definitely work we can not condone the practice because of this.
    Will do, thanks!
    Prost!

Berger

I should mention we do have a new product authorized called THUNDERSHOT Lite which is a reduced power target specifically for noise-sensitive areas. Expect it to be available early next year!
    CGN needs a Like button...much more efficient!!
    Prost!

Berger

Good to know! Had many people ask about this, apparently my boss knew, but for some reason I never asked him lol.

Expired Business Member
    We have actually tried to have this sort of thing permitted by the ERD whereby a user could purchase specially marked and approved containers with which to make smaller charges. Unfortunately the ERD will not allow the transferring of contents in this fashion. The main issue is how do you fit all of the label text, in both languages, onto something as small as a 50-100 gram container?

We're pretty excited about 2016. We have a few non-target explosives in the works plus some stuff for you guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    We have actually tried to have this sort of thing permitted by the ERD whereby a user could purchase specially marked and approved containers with which to make smaller charges. Unfortunately the ERD will not allow the transferring of contents in this fashion. The main issue is how do you fit all of the label text, in both languages, onto something as small as a 50-100 gram container?

We're pretty excited about 2016. We have a few non-target explosives in the works plus some stuff for you guys.
    Like they do on pill bottles, pull back to read the small print

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast