Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Light of current circumstances, what is Arms East going to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    From Stag Arms:
    "The federal government has agreed to allow Stag Arms to continue operating with an effective firearms license during the transition to new ownership and the plan moving forward is for business as usual during the transition and beyond"

Short Answer. There will be a new owner/management soon, and it will be business as usual.
    This.

Stag Arms continues to accept and fill orders and will under new ownership. We wish Mark the best in his future endeavours.

We appreciate the kind comments! Thank-you!
    Last edited by ARMS EAST; 12-22-2015 at 11:20 PM.

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMS EAST View Post
    This.

Stag Arms continues to accept and fill orders and will under new ownership. We wish Mark the best in his future endeavours.

We appreciate the kind comments! Thank-you!
    thats great news.

any plans for a boxing day sale?

Quote Originally Posted by wasrupzuk View Post
    You read why they got convicted right?...
    -Erasing serial numbers.
    -Concealing full auto guns.
    -Missing guns.
    So what would be a stupid reason?
    Did you read why they were convicted?

I have seen or heard nothing about erasing serial numbers or concealing full autos. All they have been accused of or plead to involved record keeping, not erasing or concealing anything. Of about 400,000 receivers made in their own name in the past 10 years, apparently about 145 lowers couldn't be accounted for. And for those it seems that re-manufacturing errors may be to blame. These receivers are officially missing.

They did have full autos lowers machined and not yet registered, as well as lower receivers not yet serialized. All similar accusations, all record keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thringer View Post
    thats great news.

any plans for a boxing day sale?

No, we actually have very little Stag inventory at the moment. Small shipments arriving tomorrow and next week though. The USA is sold out of AR15 at the moment. We are getting what we can get.

No, we actually have very little Stag inventory at the moment. Small shipments arriving tomorrow and next week though. The USA is sold out of AR15 at the moment. We are getting what we can get.
    Hopefully the two I ordered make it in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wasrupzuk View Post
    You read why they got convicted right?...
    -Erasing serial numbers.
    -Concealing full auto guns.
    -Missing guns.
    So what would be a stupid reason?
    I was shocked when I first read this. I can see clerical errors but erasing serial numbers. I have to think that there's a lot more to this story or the Feds would have sent someone to prison. Something tells me this is a half story that paints a much darker picture than is true.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Did you read why they were convicted?

I have seen or heard nothing about erasing serial numbers or concealing full autos. All they have been accused of or plead to involved record keeping, not erasing or concealing anything. Of about 400,000 receivers made in their own name in the past 10 years, apparently about 145 lowers couldn't be accounted for. And for those it seems that re-manufacturing errors may be to blame. These receivers are officially missing.

They did have full autos lowers machined and not yet registered, as well as lower receivers not yet serialized. All similar accusations, all record keeping.
    On the DOJ website the documents indicate that the atf found receivers whose serial numbers were intentional obliterated

The investigation also discovered that, in violation of the Gun Control Act, STAG had failed in thousands of instances to adequately document the manufacture and disposition of firearms – machine guns as well as assault weapons – making them more susceptible to theft or loss. Many of the record-keeping violations that were uncovered were similar to violations for which STAG was cited in 2007. For example, inspectors discovered more than 3000 un-serialized receivers on the premises without any record of their manufacture or acquisition, and more than 3000 firearms that were transferred by STAG without properly being recorded. Inspectors were able to reconcile the majority of these transfers from other paperwork on site, but found more than 300 instances in which the disposition of the firearms could not be reconciled. To date, approximately 200 firearms are reported as lost or stolen.

In September 2014, ATF executed search warrants at STAG’s two facilities on John Downey Drive in New Britain and seized dozens of machine guns that had not been marked and/or registered, as well as three machine guns with serial numbers that had been intentionally obliterated, or scratched out.
    http://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/ne...-firearms-laws

Although, it seems obvious to me that both Stag, and Mark plead down the potential charges that they could have been convicted of.
    Last edited by Onagoth; 12-23-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

^I stand corrected, having read that after the fact as well. Interesting that the prosecutor left that out of the statements and charges.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

I think that qualifies as stupid reasons. As stated above, stupid things done by people who knew better. It could have been just one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    I think that qualifies as stupid reasons. As stated above, stupid things done by people who knew better. It could have been just one guy.
    Agreed. For those who want to assume malice in this, I believe "Hanlon's Razor" covers it more aptly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast