Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    You are lucky the order was canceled.....mec gar is crap.....oem or nothing spend a few more bucks for flawless perfection
    What? You make no sense as Sig handguns use MecGar magazines when you purchase them new from factory.
    What?

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    You are lucky the order was canceled.....mec gar is crap.....oem or nothing spend a few more bucks for flawless perfection
    We sell thousands of Mec Gar per year, 100% satisfaction.
    Where do you think most firearms manufactures have their OEM mags made ??
    You are obviously privy to some information witch we are not, perhaps something you saw at the factory ? Some technical report you have ? how about sharing ??
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    first time the issue was explained in this manner, but you already know that if you looked at the correspondence I had with your sales staff via the provided order number

so you were not out of stock, just priced the item wrong online and would not make good on the order at the advertised price which showed in stock (which it was at the time of my order by your own admission)

Thanks for admitting to it.
    OH MY, it is difficult to explain to you....

By the time your order came to be processed Brian the old inventory was sold out.... Please note the word "OLD" This is not unusual we often run out of a given product which we may have purchased sometime ago. When we go to more recent arrivals we MUST adjust according to the more recent costs..

When you placed your order, on Saturday Dec 12 th we were showing "in stock" however by the time the staff started filling orders from the week end ( Monday the 15th) the old stock was sold out.... surely you can understand this.... ?

Numerous increases will be seen this year due to many factors, should we ignore the downward slide of our dollar (over 35%) , the increase in sea freight, the increase for inland shipping (off shore), increases in Canadian shipping, ??

I do hope I have kept this simple and you can understand our operation, Marstar is somewhat larger than your corner gun shop, we have inventory from years ago up to inventory arriving in several shipments in 2016
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    OH MY, it is difficult to explain to you....

By the time your order came to be processed Brian the old inventory was sold out.... Please note the word "OLD" This is not unusual we often run out of a given product which we may have purchased sometime ago. When we go to more recent arrivals we MUST adjust according to the more recent costs..

When you placed your order, on Saturday Dec 12 th we were showing "in stock" however by the time the staff started filling orders from the week end ( Monday the 15th) the old stock was sold out.... surely you can understand this.... ?

Numerous increases will be seen this year due to many factors, should we ignore the downward slide of our dollar (over 35%) , the increase in sea freight, the increase for inland shipping (off shore), increases in Canadian shipping, ??

I do hope I have kept this simple and you can understand our operation, Marstar is somewhat larger than your corner gun shop, we have inventory from years ago up to inventory arriving in several shipments in 2016
    John

Your explanation above is very clear:

OLD STOCK and on hand selling at the advertised price

NEW STOCK on hand and selling at a new price simple

Just say so in your advertising...............just say when old stock runs out at this price we will be applying a new price or honor the price you advertise on the new stock.

If you fail to advertise that fact, then you should honor your advertisement.

I don't know how many sales would have been affected and how much you would have had to "eat" to honor your ad, but your explanation rubs me the wrong way.

Ya ok, so you are big..............then a few loss leaders should be no biggie.

A big shop that allows itself to get involved in a public "pissing" match is demonstrating a fundamental lack of good PR.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
    Last edited by slarsen47; 01-29-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    Your explanation above is very clear:

OLD STOCK and on hand selling at the advertised price

NEW STOCK on hand and selling at a new price simple

Just say so in your advertising...............just say when old stock runs out at this price we will be applying a new price or honor the price you advertise on the new stock.

If you fail to advertise that fact, then you should honor your advertisement.

I don't know how many sales would have been affected and how much you would have had to "eat" to honor your ad, but your explanation rubs me the wrong way.

Ya ok, so you are big..............then a few loss leaders should be no biggie.

A big shop that allows itself to get involved in a public "pissing" match is demonstrating a fundamental lack of good PR.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
    Oh boy, that will be good

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I had an issue not that long ago as well when I placed an order on an item that showed in stock online

I was told the item was not in stock a couple of days later, then a day after that I was again informed that magically they had found more stock but at a new price of $225.

I promptly cancelled my order and purchased elsewhere rather than pay 3 times more for an item than advertised.

Sounds like the good old bait and switch....

Which is ILLEGAL in Canada.

The OP and others in this thread may want to take a read of this and consider filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...0522.html#sale

Section 74.04 of the Competition Act is a civil provision. It prohibits "bait-and-switch" selling which occurs when a product is advertised at a bargain price, but is not available for sale in reasonable quantities. The provision does not apply if the advertiser can establish that the non-availability of the product was due to circumstances beyond its control, the quantity of the product obtained was reasonable, or the customer was offered a rain check when supplies were exhausted.

If a court determines that a person has engaged in conduct contrary to section 74.04, it may order the person not to engage in such conduct, to publish a corrective notice and/or to pay an administrative monetary penalty of up to $750,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by an individual and $10,000,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by a corporation. For subsequent orders, the penalties increase to a maximum of $1,000,000 in the case of an individual and $15,000,000 in the case of a corporation.
    One of the defenses available to the retailer in this situation hedges upon a "rain-check" being offered as a show of good faith.
    In this case Marstar obviously had the ability to offer a raincheck, however they made the conscious decision to try to sell the same exact product that was advertised (and already technically sold) less than a day before at 3X the price.

The other defense rests on non availability of the product.... (Again Marstar does not have a defense...stock was readily available on Marstar's own admission)

Not just illegal but also a PR nightmare....
    Last edited by John Deer; 01-29-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Bit of class action?

CGN Regular
    how much annualized profit will marstar now lose as a result of not doing the right thing (/due to people not liking the way this single transaction was handled), especially when compared to the $145 difference/loss in revenue. at the very least the "dollar" can only be blamed for what... a 15-20% increase in price? Not 150-200%, nevermind 300%.

BANNED

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Marstar and the John(s) have always been standoffish and seem to fight against helping customers I've read a lot of their threads and it has steered me away from doing business with them

O
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    Sounds like the good old bait and switch....

Which is ILLEGAL in Canada.

The OP and others in this thread may want to take a read of this and consider filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...0522.html#sale

One of the defenses available to the retailer in this situation hedges upon a "rain-check" being offered as a show of good faith.
    In this case Marstar obviously had the ability to offer a raincheck, however they made the conscious decision to try to sell the same exact product that was advertised (and already technically sold) less than a day before at 3X the price.

The other defense rests on non availability of the product.... (Again Marstar does not have a defense...stock was readily available on Marstar's own admission)

Not just illegal but also a PR nightmare....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast