Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    OH MY, it is difficult to explain to you....

By the time your order came to be processed Brian the old inventory was sold out....
    John

If that is the case, (which I highly doubt considering what I ordered) You may want to fix your online shop then to update price as inventory sells.

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post

If you fail to advertise that fact, then you should honor your advertisement.

I don't know how many sales would have been affected and how much you would have had to "eat" to honor your ad, but your explanation rubs me the wrong way.

Ya ok, so you are big..............then a few loss leaders should be no biggie.

A big shop that allows itself to get involved in a public "pissing" match is demonstrating a fundamental lack of good PR.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Oh man sorry didn't catch that part of the story.....the store should honor the advertised price by all means.....
    Indeed they should.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    Sounds like the good old bait and switch....

Which is ILLEGAL in Canada.

The OP and others in this thread may want to take a read of this and consider filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...0522.html#sale

One of the defenses available to the retailer in this situation hedges upon a "rain-check" being offered as a show of good faith.
    In this case Marstar obviously had the ability to offer a raincheck, however they made the conscious decision to try to sell the same exact product that was advertised (and already technically sold) less than a day before at 3X the price.

The other defense rests on non availability of the product.... (Again Marstar does not have a defense...stock was readily available on Marstar's own admission)

Not just illegal but also a PR nightmare....
    I know it is illegal, that is why I posted, the owner of the company may not know what his salespeople are doing......but we know that is not the case by the response
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Your explanation above is very clear:

OLD STOCK and on hand selling at the advertised price

NEW STOCK on hand and selling at a new price simple

Just say so in your advertising...............just say when old stock runs out at this price we will be applying a new price or honor the price you advertise on the new stock.

I don't know how many sales would have been affected and how much you would have had to "eat" to honor your ad, but your explanation rubs me the wrong way.

A big shop that allows itself to get involved in a public "pissing" match is demonstrating a fundamental lack of good PR.

Work in the industry for a few years before repeating this again.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

Expired Business
    Your explanation above is very clear:

OLD STOCK and on hand selling at the advertised price

NEW STOCK on hand and selling at a new price simple

Just say so in your advertising...............just say when old stock runs out at this price we will be applying a new price or honor the price you advertise on the new stock.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how we should wor the matter of new stock vs ol stock ??

In this case our customer ordered a linker of WW-11 vintage which we purchased as part of the multi millions of dollars of material out of the former Yugoslavia....

That stock sold out and obviously could not be replaced, trust me the factory closed more than 60 years ago....
    The one s now on our site are of Vietnam era and were purchased as part of a Government contract at a higher price....

We don't intend to have "a pissing match" strange when we reply to the experts here, we are at fault, when we do not reply we also catch hell....
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Oh man sorry didn't catch that part of the story.....the store should honor the advertised price by all means.....

Please let me know where we an purchase more of these at the original low price, I am a buyer

It is quite obvious you have extensive experience in the surplus trade, so PLEASE let me know....

John

This is why I love John...
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    John..........quit before you fall father behind.

You will look much better if you acknowledge the error of your ways and promise to not bait and switch anymore.

And since you are in the millions and big.............why would you quibble so much about something worth few dollars.

On principle you lose. Have you not yet figured out that you are not going to win this one?
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

I wish the local road crews would take some of the sand that seems to be in everyone's vaginas and put it on the street out front hahaha
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast