Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the good old bait and switch....

Which is ILLEGAL in Canada.

The OP and others in this thread may want to take a read of this and consider filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00522.html#sale

One of the defenses available to the retailer in this situation hedges upon a "rain-check" being offered as a show of good faith.
In this case Marstar obviously had the ability to offer a raincheck, however they made the conscious decision to try to sell the same exact product that was advertised (and already technically sold) less than a day before at 3X the price.

The other defense rests on non availability of the product.... (Again Marstar does not have a defense...stock was readily available on Marstar's own admission)

Not just illegal but also a PR nightmare....
WOW!!! up to a $10,000,000 fine for a corporation!!

John..........quit before you fall father behind.

You will look much better if you acknowledge the error of your ways and promise to not bait and switch anymore.

And since you are in the millions and big.............why would you quibble so much about something worth few dollars.

On principle you lose. Have you not yet figured out that you are not going to win this one?

The new product was a from different country of origin and of a different vintage. Based on this alone, you can't argue it was a bait and switch. Additionally, they told him that they ran out of stock of the item he ordered, and then had the consideration to inform them they had a comparable item, even though it was more expensive. They could have done as little as possible and just said "sorry, we're out of stock" and left it at that instead of trying to give alternate options... and in retrospect, they probably should have done that in order to avoid threads like this. It seems to me that Marstar was more than reasonable given the situation.

He may not win this one, but you've already lost. Take a chill pill.

they told him that they ran out of stock of the item he ordered
no, by marstars own admission they had stock the whole time, the product stayed the same, only the era of manufacture varied which caused them to claim they were out of stock and then offer me the same M7 linker for 3x the price less than a day later.

no, by marstars own admission they had stock the whole time, the product stayed the same, only the era of manufacture varied which caused them to claim they were out of stock and then offer me the same M7 linker for 3x the price less than a day later.

You really do not have a grasp on the real world do you ??
I tried to explain, please ask your mommy to read the thread to you and explain it
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom