Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: modern hunter 308 help with the right package

CGN Regular

modern hunter 308 help with the right package

Hello
    im looking at the atr MH I go to the site im a little confused with what to choose from. I deer hunt i want a 308
    with a 20 inch threaded barrel and the 6 position stock will install muzule break in future the basic model i want does it come with the rail mount for scope?
    is this in canadian dollars or us?

Thanks you
    Regards

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Canadian follars and yes they all come with top rail for optical mounting

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    your better off going into the shop and building it there

if you cannot do this than call and talk to them easiest way and you will sleep better at night knowing you got exactly what you wanted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Atrs said that the difference in velocity between the 18.6" barrel and the 20" barrel is only a couple FPS because its a gas gun, so short of aesthetics, the longer barrel length is of no real advantage.

The light barrel can suffer accuracy issues under extended fire, the heavy throws off the balance and makes it quite heavy - good for a bench gun. The Proof Carbon Fiber Wrapped maintains all the advantages of the heavy barrel while maintaing the weight of the light barrel.

For handgaurds, the PRI Carbon Fiber is one of the lightest and isn't cold to the touch like metal, a nice touch for hunting in the cold.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    ^^^^^ more or less the same thought process i used ^^^^^

The other consideration is the mounting points on the handguard for bipod or sling swivel - or flashlight/laser should you wish to go full Rambo.
    Last edited by Gunneegoogoo; 01-18-2016 at 05:27 PM.

I have a modern hunter with PRS stock, proof 18.6 carbon barrel, muzzle break, ergo delux grip & fortis 15" handguard. It weighed 9.2lbs with no magazine or optic. I haven't weighed it since I put my scope & bipod on, but I bet it is close to 12lbs.

For strictly hunting I now would go with a carbine stock (Magpul CTR with cheek riser), Carbon fiber handguard in 12" or 13" (don't know the lengths they come in, but I find my 15" a bit long), 18.6" pencil barrel with no muzzle break, and a lighter grip. Would probably save a pound over my current rifle. Would have been quite a bit cheaper too!
    Last edited by mileageman; 01-18-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Fixing autocorrect errors

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wxplore View Post
    Hello
    im looking at the atr MH I go to the site im a little confused with what to choose from. I deer hunt i want a 308
    with a 20 inch threaded barrel and the 6 position stock will install muzule break in future the basic model i want does it come with the rail mount for scope?
    is this in canadian dollars or us?

Thanks you
    Regards
    As CraigNConnor mentioned, absolutely feel free to call us Monday to Friday 10-6 GMT and we can help with some of the selection options. You can also look at the images on our website under the Modern Hunter, which are examples of build options others have chosen.

The guys at ATRS have been great. Shaun worked me through my order and was a great help. The spec on mine is 18.6 cfw standard contour barrel, ATRS brushed SS brake, Ergo Sure grip, KFS Tac Mod stock, black cerakoted, PRI 15" hand guard, .308, Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56. With optics $9k ..... Don't tell my wife.....please....
    Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by wxplore View Post
    Hello
    im looking at the atr MH I go to the site im a little confused with what to choose from. I deer hunt i want a 308.....
    Make sure you get an FRT# to carry with that if you are hunting...there are Fish and wildlife out there that will try and confiscate....or at the very least cause a major hassle in your day....all because they have a personal belief that ppl should not be hunting with so called "assault style" rifles. Its unfortunate that they are out there....but there are some that will abuse the authority of their position, just to push thru their own personal agenda or veiws...regardless of the law..

Me and my friends have run into 2 like these...that's why I always have my smartphone recording in my front pocket...every single time I get pulled over....for protection. If you have an FRT# the rcmp can run it right away and resolve the matter quickly.

Not all Fish and Wildlife are this way, in fact the vast majority are great ppl.....but unfortunately for us in the area we hunt...The "good cop" who was a very reasonable and helpful person who was a very well liked member of the community...was transferred to a bigger office....and the "bad apple" who took his place....now runs the show......and after many complaints that were all unresolved...he has lost the support of the community..unfortunately.

Am I missing something? Or maybe looking at the wrong specs? A lot of people are recommending the PRI cf handguard, but according to their websites, the Fortis 12" handguard is 8.7 ounces while the pri 9.5" is a pound, with the longer handguards even heavier. Doesn't that make the Fortis the one to get if you want a lightweight gun?
    Charles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast