Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 80% Lower Receivers and Combos are back @ Dlask Arms !

CGN Regular

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    the reason more canadian companies dont get into 80%'s is because they are usually affraid of the RCMP bullying them to stop
    You don't really know why other companies don't want a piece of this business, and neither do I, but I would suspect both the American and Canadian governments would 'unofficially' not appreciate it and would make things difficult for your shipments every time they cross the border. When Irunguns were asked about these, they determined it would not make sense for their business, and they have the best operation I'm aware of already in place.

Dlask have been the only company willing to bring these in for literally years, and there has been no competition. If it were easy, the competition would exist. There are good reasons it does not, and Dlask obviously feel the need to make it worthwhile by making enough off of each one to justify the risks involved.

If you want to make the price slightly more palatable, get the combo. It's gone up $50 in price since a year ago, but it's still a better value than the receivers alone.

BANNED
    actually i dont think Dlask "bring these in"..they are machined for them here in Canada,,i asume is much easier for them,,castings are probably US sourced,,,but they are cheap enough from the foundry..if they can sell the raw forgings here for $50.00,,they can't be paying much for them,,and yes i'm sure both governments would try to make it hard to bring in,,but these 80% are NOT designated a firearm,,,they are glorified paperweights,,and they are not illegal to own by anybody,,expect this loophole to be closed soon if too much attention is brought to these things,,so best to keep it from getting out of hand,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    With table top 3 axis CNC mills available for less than 2 grand and 3D printers that make metal objects like this one http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/0...al-3d-printer/ 80% anythings might become a non-issue pretty soon.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

CGN Regular
    actually i dont think Dlask "bring these in"..they are machined for them here in Canada,,i asume is much easier for them
    They offer the same parts they use themselves as a builder in an incomplete state as a service to the community. That's a smart way to do it, though it would certainly add quite a bit to the cost of the (semi-)finished product. The successful companies selling these south of the border sell thousands of them per month, and high volume combined with fierce competition has a way of reducing cost.

expect this loophole to be closed soon if too much attention is brought to these things,,so best to keep it from getting out of hand
    For all we know, a gentleman's agreement might exist to prevent that very thing from happening.

BANNED
    i have to agree with you Shock,,better to keep things a little quieter in this country,,because you know Turdeau and the RCMP have it in for us,,so now's the time to get 80% paper weight,,i wish Dlask would sell their forgings with at least the top machined to specs,,that would be nice,,,then we could make any magwell we want,,be great for pistol caliber riffles,,

Anybody can legally import the 80's. Get in touch with a broker that has the proper import/export papers, there's a few of them. They work exactly the same way IRGS do with the exception that they are more than happy to export them. But you will find out that paying their premium fees and LONG export times outweighs dlask's prices.
    Dlask's 80's are imports. A Google search will tell ya which broker companies have an ITAR permit
    Best bet is find a local machine shop locally that is willing to do some work for ya, lots of excellent 80 CAD programs online.

They can be sent through the mail- paper weight. Nothing illegal about it. Way too expensive here to buy. my 2 cents

Double post...
    Last edited by TheForSaken; 01-19-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm1968 View Post
    They can be sent through the mail- paper weight. Nothing illegal about it. Way too expensive here to buy. my 2 cents
    As in anybody can do it, no need to worry bout proper export papers being filed, they're will be no laws broken??? If this is what you are implying, stop perpetuating bold lies!!! This type of nonsense can get people into a lot of legal troubles.
    Do not just have a friend state side send you one, 80's are ITAR regulated.
    Dlask has them now, for sale. Excellent quality and legal. Just buy 1 from him and be done with it already.
    If you ever plan to proceed further with the 80, be sure to do everything legal. Get it serial numbered & registered!!!

CGN Regular
    Yes they are ITAR, you will need an export permit, and they are not covered under the $500 part exception as they re a regulated item.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast