Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: IWI X95 semi automatic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    "In November 2009, the Micro Tavor was selected as the future standard infantry weapon of the IDF."

According to Wikipedia its been the go to since 2009 for the IDF, and IWI US didn't launch until 2012
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    How does the mag release feel like? Is it spongy, or is it easy to press?

I wonder how this part functions like if the rifle gets a bit of dirt and dust into it.
    I'd say there's less than a half inch of movement to get it to drop. So you don't have to put it all the way in, but it also won't drop the mag if you brush up against something. I'd say if you take your finger tip, and use it to push the mag release on an original Tavor, the weight of "pull" is similar.

Speaking of which, the factory trigger pull has improved again. Still not as good as aftermarket setups, but improved.

The one thing they did add specific to the US market is the 3rd QD mount. Also the handguard QD sockets extend under the rail panel, so even with picatinny exposed, there's a socket available.

What bothers me a bit is that they've added length to the buttpad. I'm skeptical in whether or not companies like Manticore will produce the slim buttpad for this rifle since it may place a lot of rifles under 26", therefore not as big as a market for it.

Do you know what the length of pull is for the X95?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    awsome looking rifle--as per "stupid yanks screw everything up" wow --hope that was a joke since im envious of their gun rights and passion to sustain them as opposed to our gun community that cant even support each others shooting disciplines-just a thought

I love the grip format swap ability. These were production samples? Any change on the weight?
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

very nice

I like the Tavor style knuckle guard on the tan one posted in the thread. Don't care for the black one with just the trigger guard

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    I like the Tavor style knuckle guard on the tan one posted in the thread. Don't care for the black one with just the trigger guard
    To be honest, I think theres functionality benefit for having knuckle guards if you run the gun hard. I'm not an operator but I'd imagine the immense pain of having knuckles bumped by accident, while manuveouring.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmaz View Post
    Americanized mag release.......stupid yanks screw everything up. Tavor regular release is so easy once you get used to where it is.
    1st - Rather rude. I for one do not think of our friends south of the border as "stupid"
    2nd - I believe the X95 and the mag release position were an IWI Israel design.

3rd - Is it just me or does the X95 have a Kel-Tec ish look to it?

Moe

Love the new standard handguard cover
    And I think there will be 300BLK kit for people who already have Tar21, and I think it will make perfect sense that they will have 5.56 kit for X95.

The question I have is that the if this had chance made in Canada, will it still be NR?
    CSSA AND CCFR MEMBER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast