Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: IWI X95 semi automatic

CGN Regular
    Ah the Tavor. A once majestic firearm that Canadians could use with a non-restricted firearms license.

Now tour, quickly come with me - Next we are going back to 1994, a time when there were even more majestic firearms available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    My personal opinion having owned a Tavor:

Mag release: probably a pro but not a big deal.
    Foregrip: I really like the Israeli grip on the original, so this is a negative.
    Trigger: Yes! this sounds good - way lower pull weight.
    Butt pad: Wow that's really small height wise. Reminds me of a Colt Canada, tiny stock. Is this for body armor or what: no thanks.
    Barrel: I'd prefer something heavier than a pencil barrel.

G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

I'm already holding off on upgrading my personal Tavor past a Red dot and a sling because of the economy and the less than certain future of liberal & RCMP gun control even though I would love to improve the trigger. That being said, what I wouldn't give for well positioned, built-in, QD mounts. The ejection port cover one is on the wrong side, the shotgun jerry-rigged one sticks out 3/4ths of an inch, and the front IWI one you have to remove metal to install.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    The AR15 style mag release is better because you can just hit the button and grab a fresh mag at the same time. The new CH location is shorter to reach as well. Picatinny rails are underneath the slim handguard covers which are neat.

As the rep said, this is an evolution from the Tavor.

Great looking rifle! I would definitely be in if they make it to Canada.

CGN Regular
    If I remember from the last time we saw this (and if this version's not different from last year's) you can change the trigger guard between the classic big ol' Tavor guard/foregrip, and a run of the mill trigger guard. May be wrong though, i haven't seen any videos on it.

The full sized Tavor is a little difficult to charge if the hammer isn't cocked already. I'm pretty sure it's because of flex in the very long charging bar. I suspect the new placement solves this problem. It also allows for a better sling mounting positions, as now you can snap in a sling up front now that there's no charging handle in the way - in addition to a 1-point sling friendly QD mount behind the pistol grip! Another plus is now you don't have the charging handle interacting with the end of the barrel to lever the bolt unlocked, which might improve accuracy somewhat?

They've also added a forward assist, which is something I though the Tavor needed pretty badly.

Better rigger, less bulky buttstock, nicer looking handguard, pic rails in locations that aren't useless... I'm really impressed, actually! It's like they compiled a list of things I thought could be improved upon, and implemented almost all of them.

So C'mon NS, when are we getting these!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed The 3rd View Post
    If I remember from the last time we saw this (and if this version's not different from last year's) you can change the trigger guard between the classic big ol' Tavor guard/foregrip, and a run of the mill trigger guard. May be wrong though, i haven't seen any videos on it.
    You can see both models seperately in the videos, by the reps mention it frequently. There's a single screw in the bottom of the pistol grip. Undo that, and the front slides off, like a reverse of an interchangeable pistol back strap. It sounds like they'll ship with the full handguard, and offer the trigger guard separately.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    You can see both models seperately in the videos, by the reps mention it frequently. There's a single screw in the bottom of the pistol grip. Undo that, and the front slides off, like a reverse of an interchangeable pistol back strap. It sounds like they'll ship with the full handguard, and offer the trigger guard separately.
    Thanks, videos aren't loading for me for some raisin.

Really like this design but unfortunately this firearm is exactly what the rcmp will be targeting once they take over from the current situation of government making the rules of what citizens are allowed to.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast