Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shot Show Report Super Sabra Trigger Pack Gen 2 & Lightning Bow® Trigger

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

Thumbs up 2016 Shot Show Report Super Sabra Trigger Pack Gen 2 & Lightning Bow® Trigger

Today during Range Day I visited the Geissele booth with the intention of putting to rest my indecision about these two products. Currently, with the exchange rate we are seeing the Super Saba Trigger Pack for around $500 and the Lightning Bow Trigger for $150.

Stepping up to the shooting line, with a FREEDOM mag (not pinned), I proceeded to fire the first shot & I STOPPED... The smooth, clean & crisp Sabra Trigger Pack & Lightning Trigger was so much improved over the stock trigger THAT I WAS SHOCKED! Composing myself I proceeded to dump the rest of the mag in a more controlled and accurate manner than I have ever been able to do with the stock trigger.

I guess you guys have figured it out. I will be buying these two products for my Tavor, they are THAT GOOD and make THAT MUCH of an improvement that they are must have IMHO, cost be damned!

Pics to follow!

Cheers
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay; 01-18-2016 at 10:30 PM.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I have the shooting sight tav D in mine. Love it. But Canadian bolt carriers are different than the American ones so the fitment in the trigger pack well isn't perfect. It rattles around a lot. Edward Osbourne's timney actually broke in half in his rifle so be aware.

What did they change in the Gen 2 trigger pack?
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Ya what he said ^^^^^

According to Geissele's web site the Gen 2 is: "This is a Generation 2 trigger pack that is fully compatible all IWI Tavor Rifles."

I'm assuming that the Gen 1 was made for the US SAR-21 Tavor. There are some differences between theirs and ours when it comes to how the trigger interfaces with our slightly different bolt carrier and firing pin.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

I also found this edit:

I am a Geissele employee, so i will do my best to answer the questions that i know the answers to.

What changed? a slight dimensional change to the trigger pack, which now has a small notch on one side. That is all. New packs will work with old rifles, old packs will not work with new rifles. Other than that, nothing functionally has changed with the pack, everything else is exactly the same.

How does it affect current Tavors? It doesnt. If your rifle works now, it will continue to work with any parts you are purchasing for it. The only people that will really be affected by this change is folks who own an aftermarket trigger pack that they plan on using for one of these newer models. I suppose this would also affect folks who want to use their current oem trigger pack in one of the newer models as well, however it would make no sense to do that since the rifle will come with the trigger pack. But playing devils advocate, if someone performed modifications to their oem pack, such as sear buffing or anything along those lines and wanted to use it in a newer model, they would not be able to. However for those who purchased a new model and intend on using a trigger pack from us that they already purchased, they can ship it into us with a copy of the receipt showing your purchase of one of these newer models and we will swap the parts into a newer style housing and the pack can be swapped back and forth be tween new and old generation receivers. The only thing we ask is for $5 for return shipping. We will eat the housing and labor involved in disassembly and reassembly.

Where i got my info? We have one of the newer models currently, and are already making housings that meet the new required dimensions. We will have these housings available for swap in roughly a week. In about a month, any new trigger pack purchased from us will be the new style trigger pack. Then all of this is moot. This is all information for the transitional period between gen 1 and gen 2.

Look on the bright side, this is much better organized than Colt with their large pins.

Long story short, if your gun works now, you're fine. If you bought one of the new models with the gen 2 reciever and one of our products. We will take care of you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Hate to say it Jay, but I told you so!

Difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 trigger packs is a small notch in the trigger pack housing on the front right (if you imagine it orientated the way it sits when you have the rifle shouldered) of the housing. This notch was made so that the hammer/sear pack is interchangeable with the new x95 Tavor.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Jay,
    Glad to hear you liked the Sabra and Lightning bow! We like to say they complete the rifle.
    Say Hi while you're here.
    Cheers

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

I've got the trigger pack but not the bow. Is the bow worth it?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Hate to say it Jay, but I told you so!

Difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 trigger packs is a small notch in the trigger pack housing on the front right (if you imagine it orientated the way it sits when you have the rifle shouldered) of the housing. This notch was made so that the hammer/sear pack is interchangeable with the new x95 Tavor.
    So the X95 uses TAR21 trigger packs? Nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast