Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: KelTec RDB

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    It's not rocket science and is actually quite comfortable and fast to cycle when shooting lever actions or bolts..... of course you could buy the pistol grip model if you don't live in California.

Quite so. To me a bolt action with a full pistol grip, e.g. the Ruger Precision Rifle, looks like it is designed for people without thumbs.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by audet548 View Post
    Ahahahah! The "battle proven" and "mil spec" argument for punching paper...it always makes me laugh...
    You won't be laughing much if you can't punch paper reliably now would you cutie?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Tavors are non restricted so you can do more than "punching paper"
    The RFB is also non restricted. It can also punch more than paper...

...But it's a .308. So it can also punch more than coyotes.

There's a handful of fellas on here who have the RFB as their go-to moose gun.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    You won't be laughing much if you can't punch paper reliably now would you cutie?
    My point is , don't think that if something is used by the military that it is top of the line and the best thing ever created. People seems to think for example that diemaco ARs (c7-c8) are far superior to other ar which is not the case,beleive me, I've had my share of stoppage with c7 and c8 and if the civy version is like the real thing, fit and finish is ok at most...

I too don't like to get stoppages with my guns but lets be honest, if it happens, it is not a life or death situation on a range or hunting...tap rack and continue...

I'm really looking forward to the RDB getting here and even if it is not a "battle proven" gun, I'm sure it will be great and reliable, most reviews so far are positive and the gun has proven reliable...

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't buy it...
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by audet548 View Post
    My point is , don't think that if something is used by the military that it is top of the line and the best thing ever created. People seems to think for example that diemaco ARs (c7-c8) are far superior to other ar which is not the case,beleive me, I've had my share of stoppage with c7 and c8 and if the civy version is like the real thing, fit and finish is ok at most...

I too don't like to get stoppages with my guns but lets be honest, if it happens, it is not a life or death situation on a range or hunting...tap rack and continue...

I'm really looking forward to the RDB getting here and even if it is not a "battle proven" gun, I'm sure it will be great and reliable, most reviews so far are positive and the gun has proven reliable...

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't buy it...

You're projecting.

I don't believe that a fire is simply is the best that is just because it was picked and used by a military or LE force. The same way I don't believe Glocks are the best handguns or that Crown Victoria is the best car ever made.

What I do know however is that when a firearm is chosen by a military or LE is has pass certain reliability test and meet criteria that an average recreational shooter will never come close to or surpass. And when a firearm has served a respectable period of time in action or in other words has become battle proven it is safe to deduct that it stands a neck and shoulder above others that have never really been put through their paces.

I think that's really common sense and knowledge but you assumed otherwise and went on to make a snide remark about my choice of words, which was clearly influenced by your own projections on the subject matter.

If you think RDB or KelTec are reliable then that is your opinion formed on your standards of reliability which can be different than mine or the next person. I actually like the RDB and I'm interested in it but when I compare prices to other firearms it is competing with then it does not make sense.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    You're projecting.

I don't believe that a fire is simply is the best that is just because it was picked and used by a military or LE force. The same way I don't believe Glocks are the best handguns or that Crown Victoria is the best car ever made.

What I do know however is that when a firearm is chosen by a military or LE is has pass certain reliability test and meet criteria that an average recreational shooter will never come close to or surpass. And when a firearm has served a respectable period of time in action or in other words has become battle proven it is safe to deduct that it stands a neck and shoulder above others that have never really been put through their paces.

I think that's really common sense and knowledge but you assumed otherwise and went on to make a snide remark about my choice of words, which was clearly influenced by your own projections on the subject matter.

If you think RDB or KelTec are reliable then that is your opinion formed on your standards of reliability which can be different than mine or the next person. I actually like the RDB and I'm interested in it but when I compare prices to other firearms it is competing with then it does not make sense.
    What is it competing against? It's 400+$ cheaper msrp than a tavor.700 cheaper than an MDR. It's more than a T97, I'm guessing they come in close to a Benneli MR1 but is a very different rifle. It's the only true ambi rifle in 223 we can get (no mods to alter ejection necessary). Has a decent trigger, range reports put it as fairly accurate. And as far as reliable keltec will stand behind their product, bound to be some bugs. Hell my T97 is supposed to be a jam sandpit but I know what it likes now and it runs like a champ.

That m43 reminds me of an L85 sort of, I really like it! Anyone know if it's coming to Canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Any updates on to the availability of this in Canada and a potential price point? MSRP on their webpage is $1273 USD, with the current exchange rate ($1.33/USD) would we be looking at ~$1700ish?? Add a bit to that for import fees/shipping?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Are we ever going to see this gun here???

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Are we ever going to see this gun here???
    What he said
    Make Justin Trudeau a drama teacher again,

High River, Never Forget

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast