Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Crosman Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

The pellet version of this gun is prohibited because the barrel has an integrated "silencer" not sure if this arrow version does...

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    And how pray tell would they do that?

Full auto? Nope

Converted from full auto? Nope

Variant of a prohibited firearm? Nope

Easily made full auto? Nope

Bullpup stock? Nope, integrated into the design.

Shoots under 500 fps... not regulated by the Firearms Act, so prohibited doesn't come into play.
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davetrue View Post
    The pellet version of this gun is prohibited because the barrel has an integrated "silencer" not sure if this arrow version does...
    This is the pellet version. As you can see, the suppression system wraps around the barrel. So no... not like the Airbow.

CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Here, I fixed it for you.

[QUOTE=ceriksson;12214091]Apparently not actually. Found this video

[youtube]dwqMkjYjmtw[/youtube]

That's something to consider for sure.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    What happens if you were to aim down when loaded, like in a tree stand? If the deer were under your stand would the arrow fall out like an undersized round ball without a patch in a smooth bore ML?
    Chip H noted that the slip fit is enough that air trapped in the rear of the hollow arrow gives a sort of spring effect when ramming the arro on the tube fast. So there would probably be a similar vaccuum effect holding the arrow on.

Quote Originally Posted by chisholm View Post
    Interesting... Should be interesting to see what provinces will allow it for hunting, if they allow it, and during what seasons it can be used.
    Crosman already has a list of the various state laws that do or dont allow it for hunting.
    And a form to contact your state to request be allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffie View Post
    One of those will go very nicely with my collection Mr. D. Gotta little extra room in your suitcase? Know your having a great time, but try not to Drool too much on all the exhibitors cool looking hardware.
    Hey Scruffie, I know I promised to bring you back some Crosman swag, but there are limits!

BANNED
    A quick google search will find you a US retailer listing them as a pre-order for $850USD. They also advertise that they can be shipped to Canada... Take that as you may

I'd buy one for sure. Hope they allow this for bow only seasons. One can dream...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    I can see the RCMP disliking this and prohibiting it, but I like it in design. The air gauge being somewhere other than at the muzzle would be nice.
    Its an air gun under 495 ft/sec....enjoy!

Uber Super GunNutz
    I imagine this is going to be treated very similar to the Fx Verminator - legal and non restricted. The Verminator is sold as a pellet gun that shoots over 500fps with ability to switch to bolt firing. It makes it require PAL for purchase. This one? The only problem with em is where do they got in terms of hunting? Is it considered a crossbow, a firearm, a "I dunno" lol. Anyway I have a Verminator and regardless of classification, it's a lot of fun!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    I imagine this is going to be treated very similar to the Fx Verminator - legal and non restricted. The Verminator is sold as a pellet gun that shoots over 500fps with ability to switch to bolt firing. It makes it require PAL for purchase. This one? The only problem with em is where do they got in terms of hunting? Is it considered a crossbow, a firearm, a "I dunno" lol. Anyway I have a Verminator and regardless of classification, it's a lot of fun!
    There's no ambiguity about way it is.

A bow, no matter the type, has a... BOW as one of its primary parts.

This has no bow. It is not a bow. Of any description.

It is an air gun that fires an arrow. That's all.

No good for use in a bow season. As for rifle season, you'd have to check your provincial regs to make sure it meets the minimum requirements (if any) for all other rifles like muzzle energy, etc. (even though it wouldn't kill the same way)

For interest's sake, there's also a conversion you can get for the 10-22 that uses a .22 blank to fire an arrow.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.