Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local MP supports the shooting sports!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j2kool View Post
    i hope he is what you say he is and not sway by his boss...lol
    Unless he wants to be sitting as a independant or never be on a committee or be a minister, he will vote the party line. The end.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Unless he wants to be sitting as a independant or never be on a committee or be a minister, he will vote the party line. The end.
    That is sadly so true.

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As much as I would like to be encouraged by Mr. Ellis' declared standing, I have to agree.

The Independent Thought Alarm within the LPC is highly sensitive and the party itself has NEVER changed it agenda to disarm Canadians through corrupted and faulty legislation along with appointing trained bureaucrats who lack any oversight or accountability to the citizenry.

Despite Nice Hair saying his party is not the same as the fascist Liberals of the past, it contains many of the individuals who assisted in drafting and endorsing C-68 to begin with.

The LPC ran on a platform of Australian style gun control measures, signing the UN Small Arms Treaty, and very enthusiastically signing on to a World Climate Change Agreement that would rob Canadians of their economic sovereignty.

I very sincerely doubt that a single Blue Liberal will change their mind on ANY of it.

Just sayin'...

Respectful thanks, however, to the OP for posting this.

This is all fine and dandy and he may be just a great guy but make no mistake he along with the cabinet and most certainly the backbench WILL vote how Gerald Butts tells the whip to make them vote.
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CCFR CSC

This.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well,, yea,, but that's one on our side in spirit, and if he can talk to others and sway them, let them know how many votes they can get by playing nice, change c-42 in small ways instead of repeal, cup half full, the shine is already coming off The new liberals, they will be looking for votes next time around! Common sense gun laws! We need to work both sides to get the best deal. The last time the tide turned, their asses went bouncing down the road for quite a while, we need a cohesive group to put forward a sensible approach to firearms ownership. This needs to be put to all parties as they will see us as a block of voters that stick with the parties that sticks with us! THAT is what politicians understand!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    This is great to hear. Any MP from any party who will advocate (or isn't actively against us) for us is a win.

I think the Liberal party spells bad news for firearms owners but the only way we will change this is by having allies in all camps. Odds of seeing the CPC in power more often than not are slim and even a CPC majority didn't get us nearly what we hoped for.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

Business Member
    It's very important to advocate for our sport and open dialogue is a great start. I'm very hopeful. This was an extremely positive start!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WGT Consulting View Post
    It's very important to advocate for our sport and open dialogue is a great start. I'm very hopeful. This was an extremely positive start!
    Good on ya, keep up the good work!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kharlingca View Post
    C-42 is a big one Liberal's are dyeing to get rid of it and they don't even know why
    Oh they know why ..it was something the PC party did so that's enough for them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast