Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shot Show Review, Nosler's new cartridge, the 30 Nosler.

Interesting yes, but along this path we've had the RUM, Lazeroni, Imperial, Weatherby, to name but a few. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Glock4ever's Avatar
    I think Nosler would make more inroads if they were to off er these new rounds at a lower cost. It is kind of hard to jump on to this when you know that the only brass will be over a buck a piece and that the rifles will be >2k. Perhaps they are doing this deliberately?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock4ever View Post
    I think Nosler would make more inroads if they were to off er these new rounds at a lower cost. It is kind of hard to jump on to this when you know that the only brass will be over a buck a piece and that the rifles will be >2k. Perhaps they are doing this deliberately?
    No offense but you must be living in the 80's to think you'll be able to get this brass for a bit over a buck a piece.
    Try over $4.00 a piece. That's what their 300RUM brass cost last year. $102/25pcs from both X-Reload and cabela's.ca.
    On Brownells the price of 30 Nosler is already listed at $64.99/25 compared to $67.99/25 for 300RUM
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    The cartridge doesn't interest me but the Outfitter rifle has my pickle thoroughly tickled.

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    No offense but you must be living in the 80's to think you'll be able to get this brass for a bit over a buck a piece.
    Try over $4.00 a piece. That's what their 300RUM brass cost last year. $102/25pcs from both X-Reload and cabela's.ca.
    On Brownells the price of 30 Nosler is already listed at $64.99/25 compared to $67.99/25 for 300RUM
    He said over a buck a piece. At $4 or $10 his statement is valid.

Glock4 perhaps once fired will be more affordable one day if this ever gets any traction

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Waa. Waa.

First, show me a 300 WM load at SAAMI pressure that sends a 180gr pill at 3200fps.

Second, show me a cartridge that is now head stamped and ready to go that will do .308 cal 200gr pills at 3100fps without ridiculous freebore and fit in a standard action.

It's as "new" of an idea as a 300 WSM was and its coming with premium brass of the shebang. It's the marketing that is going to count.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    He said over a buck a piece. At $4 or $10 his statement is valid.

Glock4 perhaps once fired will be more affordable one day if this ever gets any traction
    He was 75% off what it goes for.
    Although technically valid it leads me to believe that he has no idea how expensive some Nosler brass is.
    It's like someone saying I bet you paid more than $30,000 for that new Porsche 911.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    The cartridge doesn't interest me but the Outfitter rifle has my pickle thoroughly tickled.
    I have one in 35 Whelen, it's a very nice rifle!

Cheers
    Jay

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    I have one in 375 Ruger and it's a sweet rig. The only negatives are that the bolt throw is kind of high for a mid range scope ocular and that the front sight hood can start to come off under heavy recoil (a little low strength locktite fixes that though).

CGN Regular
    Unless they get the cost of the brass way down the Nosler cartridges' will fade to a distant memory.
    If they sold the brass for $1- $1.50 a piece they would really take off, especially the 28 and 30 nosler.

Aren't these virtually the same as the Dakota?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast