Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shot Show Review, Nosler's new cartridge, the 30 Nosler.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

2016 Shot Show Review, Nosler's new cartridge, the 30 Nosler.

In 2014 Nosler introduced their 26 Nosler, the world's fastest SAAMI approved 6.5mm cartridge. They followed this success up last year with the 28 Nosler, a 7mm version and THIS YEAR they brought out the 30 Nosler! All of these cartridges are based on the 404 Jeffrey parent case.

What the 30 Nosler brings to the market is more velocity. With a 180 grain projectile the MV is 3200 fps packing a very respectable 4092 ft-lbs of energy. With a 210 grain projectile the MV is 3000 fps and delivers 4196 ft-lbs of energy.

So, not only does Nosler have some fantastic rifles, they have brought 3 innovative cartridges to market.

Please forgive the pics, for some reason the image host won't allow me to rotate the pics?

Last edited by Jay; 01-20-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Sounds like a 300 win mag.

CGN frequent flyer
    i would say it looks like a rem 300 ultra mag .

sounds like the barrel won't last very long.

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    They said that about the .264 Winchester Magnum. It was only partly true even back then, and barrel steels have advanced considerably since.
    I think for the average shooter, barrel wear will not be an issue.

Remember the 270 Winchester can shoot 3000 fps, as does the 22-250. How many complaints from owners about barrel life do you hear?
    Bush hunter!

This is a round designed for hunting wherein a hunter will shoot at most 50 rounds a year, but in most cases after 50 rounds of load development, zeroing and practice 10 rounds a year.

So why exactly is barrel life a concern? Why do should anyone care that it's "inefficient" and uses more powder than the 308 for example.

These are rhetorical questions, as the answers are obvious. Yet these kinds of concerns will always be expressed.
    Andy

Since 1958

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This is a round designed for hunting wherein a hunter will shoot at most 50 rounds a year, but in most cases after 50 rounds of load development, zeroing and practice 10 rounds a year.

So why exactly is barrel life a concern? Why do should anyone care that it's "inefficient" and uses more powder than the 308 for example.

These are rhetorical questions, as the answers are obvious. Yet these kinds of concerns will always be expressed.
    Agreed, well spoken. A lot of times too, these concerns are brought up by guys that have little intention of really evaluating let alone purchasing anything. It's the old "my car gets me where I want to go so why do I need one that goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds". Myself, I'm always excited to see what's new and deciding if I want to play with it, employ it or just tuck it into the memory banks as new knowledge of what's possible.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Exactly! Well said Andy!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

So it's a .300 WM without the belt? I don't get it. How is that anything exciting?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Hmm. A more expensive RUM that is basically dead already as far as factory rifles go. I wish them luck, but I don't see this one lasting too long.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast