2016 SHOT Show: Mossberg Shotgun and rifle News

louthepou

Snow-White Le Mod<br>Moderator
Rating - 100%
787   0   0
I stopped by the Mossberg booth to see what news I could get for the hunting bolt action rifle and shotgun lines.

The Patriot family of rifles replaced the 4x4 last year; so little news there for 2016. A few new camp styles are announced, for the full size and youth size models.

Shotguns receive the same new camo style treatment, but one feature that I was showed did get my attention. Some turkey models will have new Marbles sights instead of the usual Mossberg ones.

I thought this was a pretty slim list of news bits until we got to this: Mossberg is now offering what it calls the "FLEX" line of shotguns. Essentially, this is a new system of interchangeable and adaptable stocks and forends. With no tools, and in a matter of seconds, you can swap forends, buttstocks, and recoil pads. It may appear to be gimmicky at first, but once I started thinking about it, there may be something smart about this. I can think of instances when I may want to lend my shotgun to my youngest son, swapping the buttstock or buttpad, rather than having to buy a complete shotgun which would fit only a smaller hunter... Or swap a solid buttstock for one which has adjustable cheek piece and length of pull.

gSlxISB.jpg

lp74Ygw.jpg

XNcv5Qy.jpg

6JuGQz8.jpg

I had one, sold it, now miss it and need to pay a lot more to replace it. There are a lot more accessories on the shelves now, not cheap but lets you outfit the gun for what you need. Things I love about Mossbergs in general, light in weight, tang safety and super simple design.

As has been stated, it lets you modify the gun for different users or activities, which is great! You don't have to buy another shotgun. But from the prices that I have seen the flex accessories listed at, another shotgun might be cheaper, and you'd have extra parts like a barrel and action!

Back
Top Bottom