2016 SHOT Show: Savage Rifle News

louthepou

Snow-White Le Mod<br>Moderator
Rating - 100%
787   0   0
At the Savage rifle booth, I asked what was new in the rifle dept. I was told about some news from the Axis line; a model with stainless barrel and receiver, and its sibling with hardwood and blued combination, both making use of Savage's Accutrigger.

One model which attracted my attention though, even if not new this year (but new to me), is the Scout Rifle.

This is described by Savage as being a very versatile rifle. Even if only offered in 308, it does have attractive features. Scope rail and iron sights; adjustable cheek piece and butt stock, accutrigger, flat dark earth synthetic stock; detachable magazine. Seems it could indeed be a handy firearm.

Stainless Axis:
LJoT7gn.jpg

Scout:
HnHRf40.jpg

They are supposed to be releasing a bunch of rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor. Wonder if Winchester will offer the brass this year since they already offer the ammo...

Haha 1200 USD @ .62 on the dollar, add the 1100 cdn =2,300 cdn for that rifle, looks about right ;) still though, I'd buy it.

If you take look at the savage msrp on there website and compare it to the asking prices for the same rifle in canada,here it is usually 100 to 200$ less then then the usd msrp. Now our crap dollar will probably change this abit, but still...

The Stainless Axis are already in Canada - my wholesaler shipped the ones I ordered yesterday.

They will be on the shelf right around the 600 buck mark (black synthetic, stainless barrel, factory 3-9 scope).

Savage (US) has an MSRP of $507 USD (converted today) would be $734 Canadian, so I suggest their MSRP is "a little" inflated compared to the typical mark-up.

Back
Top Bottom