2016 Shot Show, Leupold Scope SURVIVAL STORIES.

Jay

Pound of Fire<br>Super Moderator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
362   0   0
Everyone loves a good survival story... So I will let the pics & stories speak for themselves. These really are a testament to the durability and quality of the Leupold product.

image178.jpeg

image177.jpeg

image176.jpeg

image175.jpeg

Last edited:
I have always thought Leupold made a good rugged scope, great for a hunting rifle that gets well used. I still have my old Vari X-II and it is doing just fine! I am glad I picked up another Leupold in December, this time a VX-3. I am sure it will outlast me........

Is it politically correct to praise the survival of the scopes while those poor rifles corpses get dragged on display. Like laughing at a funeral. I am curious, that these examples form a baseline for a test. Someone needs to take remmingtons marine magnum and an xcr in those same spots for the same periods then comeback and compare. For Science.

Interesting thanks for sharing OP!

While working in New Orleans a few years ago, a customer told me that all his rifles were rusted after Katrina and exposure to the salt water after they vacated, but his Nikon scopes survived.

Anyone else notice how the rifles look like they were through hell and back but some of the scopes look like they just come out of the box?

Moe

Anyone else notice how the rifles look like they were through hell and back but some of the scopes look like they just come out of the box?

Moe

I would expect that they gave the scopes a little clean up to get all the grim off of them and show that they survived. They are trying to promote Leupold scopes after all!

Moe

I would expect that they gave the scopes a little clean up to get all the grim off of them and show that they survived. They are trying to promote Leupold scopes after all!

For 3 of the rifles that took some real weathering, if they had not cleaned off the scopes, you wouldn't be able to tell they were Leupold...

Cheers
Jay

That's pretty amazing ! A fella never thinks much about hunting accidents or near tragedys, even lives lost ....let alone the rifles lost or left behind by those events. Quite a testament about Leupolds scopes tho !!

Back
Top Bottom