Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shot Show, Leupold Scope SURVIVAL STORIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartledan View Post
    What's the first one, then?
    Looks like a Mauser build of some kind, maybe a Parker hale? Definitely not a Weatherby, the bolt trigger and bottom metal are all wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kevin.303's Avatar
    1903 springfield in a weatherby style stock
    By 2028 the government will realize citizens are outdated now that automation can extract the wealth for them with much less fuss and we'll all be processed into mechanical grease for the robotic grape-pickers on the trudeau family plantation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anyone else notice how the rifles look like they were through hell and back but some of the scopes look like they just come out of the box?

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Anyone else notice how the rifles look like they were through hell and back but some of the scopes look like they just come out of the box?

Moe
    I suspect the tubes are made of aluminum, which doesn't oxidize the same way as the steel the actions and barrels are made of.

Moe
    I would expect that they gave the scopes a little clean up to get all the grim off of them and show that they survived. They are trying to promote Leupold scopes after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartledan View Post
    What's the first one, then?
    1903 Springfield

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

Moe
    Quote Originally Posted by kc34 View Post
    I would expect that they gave the scopes a little clean up to get all the grim off of them and show that they survived. They are trying to promote Leupold scopes after all!
    For 3 of the rifles that took some real weathering, if they had not cleaned off the scopes, you wouldn't be able to tell they were Leupold...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bartledan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 257hunter View Post
    Looks like a Mauser build of some kind, maybe a Parker hale? Definitely not a Weatherby, the bolt trigger and bottom metal are all wrong.
    Well then, they gots butterfingers too!

How do they know the scopes still function properly or could hold zero? Most of those rifles don't look capable of firing a shot.

That's pretty amazing ! A fella never thinks much about hunting accidents or near tragedys, even lives lost ....let alone the rifles lost or left behind by those events. Quite a testament about Leupolds scopes tho !!
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast