Shot Show 2016, The Forgotten Winchester

It'll show up on EE in a few weeks..

" For Sale, Vintage Winchester in 44WCF. RARE, has not been fired in almost 200 years. Comes with 1 Cartridge."

Stock shows some minor weather checking, and the bore is slightly frosted.

Action Locks up TIGHT!

I guess that nice dry Nevada weather had something to do with the preservation.

Now this is a perfect literal description of a "ghost gun".

Just imagine, if that gun was registered. They could give it back to the owner......wherever he may be.

you can forget a rifle in the woods anytime you like.... lol

About 10 yrs. ago I & a small group where deer hunting about 1 1/2 hrs. North of Toronto. We found an abandoned
log cabin in very rough condition. Looking about it we saw some floor boards loose , so pulled them up & found a
Winchester Model 1886 , in about .40 cal. It was very rusty & weather worn like this 1873 . Also the butt stock was gone.
Without hurting it , I made it into a floor lamp , which I still have 6 ft. from this PC . I do use the lamp part !!!
Frank

Thats awesome! looks like my aunts 38-55 she found on a grown over goat trail in the kootneys back in the 60s, her stocks in way worse condition and its quite rusty but as a kid i remember always looking at in on the wall wondering what its story was!

About 10 yrs. ago I & a small group where deer hunting about 1 1/2 hrs. North of Toronto. We found an abandoned
log cabin in very rough condition. Looking about it we saw some floor boards loose , so pulled them up & found a
Winchester Model 1886 , in about .40 cal. It was very rusty & weather worn like this 1873 . Also the butt stock was gone.
Without hurting it , I made it into a floor lamp , which I still have 6 ft. from this PC . I do use the lamp part !!!
Frank

:needPics:

Back
Top Bottom