Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Winchester's 150th special edition firearms

Snow-White Le Mod

2016 SHOT Show: Winchester's 150th special edition firearms

I didn't find a whole lot of news-worthy features or models in the regular rifle and shotgun sections at the Winchester booth, but I did like the section where the 150th anniversary of the foundation of Winchester was highlighted.

There were some famous rifles from their history, like a model 70 which belonged to John F. Kennedy, and a model 94 which belonged to Eisenhower. There also was a 1873 which was used by Buffalo Bill. Interesting to see these being displayed.

Winchester also displayed a few commemorative models - these were, in my opinion, quite nice. Not cheap, elegance has a price, ranging from $2100 to $3300. Models 101, 70, 94, 1873 and 1866 are offered in the Commemorative line. I will get better pictures soon, but this should give you a vague and blurry idea!
    [
    Last edited by louthepou; 01-21-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

What Caliber was the JFK Model 70? Also any shot show special chamberings in the model 70's this year?

Snow-White Le Mod
    Hi Swiftie, sorry I didn't get the chance to go and check again at the booth. I know there were some nice Shot Show Special 70's but didn't get the chance to take lots of pics or info. One was a very nice maple-stocked rifle, gorgeous wood on that, and a sibbling in walnut attire. The maple model was available in 243, 270, 308, 30-6, 7mm Rem mag and 300 win mag,and prices were around $1600 US...

Some more pics of the 150th commemorative firearms:

Here is a picture of the tag describing the 1866; I didn't take shots of the other ones, but the details are similar:
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Regular
    Omg how much for one those babys are so sexy
    Being a gun owner in this country comes with a life sentence of hard political labour

Thank you.
    Audi, vide, tace, si tu vis vivere in pace.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    The side plate on that '66 is not fit the way that a side plate on a gun north of 3 grand ought be fit

Pretty, otherwise. The '73 is the one I'd get with the lotto money

I'll be buying one of the 66's

The 101 is no nice.

I would never sell mine. This shotgun is really amazing. (Well, I don't have the commemorative version, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftie View Post
    What Caliber was the JFK Model 70? Also any shot show special chamberings in the model 70's this year?
    6.5x52 Carcano....

Teee Heee

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by louthepou View Post
    Hi Swiftie, sorry I didn't get the chance to go and check again at the booth. I know there were some nice Shot Show Special 70's but didn't get the chance to take lots of pics or info. One was a very nice maple-stocked rifle, gorgeous wood on that, and a sibbling in walnut attire. The maple model was available in 243, 270, 308, 30-6, 7mm Rem mag and 300 win mag,and prices were around $1600 US...

Some more pics of the 150th commemorative firearms:

Here is a picture of the tag describing the 1866; I didn't take shots of the other ones, but the details are similar:
    Does anyone know any dealer in Canada selling the 1873 or the 94 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast