Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Ruger rifle news

Snow-White Le Mod

2016 SHOT Show: Ruger rifle news

A few interesting new products from Ruger this year at the SHOT show.

The new Precision Rifle looks like a very nice package for the intended purpose. Comes in 308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 243. Seems to offer all the bells and whistles usually wished for in this type of rifle;
    - a folding, length of pull- and comb height- adjustable stock,
    - the barrel is cold hammer-forged, and can be replaced using AR-style wrenches
    - Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger
    - etc...

Barrel length is 20 inches for the 308 (1:10 twist), 24 inches for the 6.5 Creedmoor (1:8 twist), and 26 inches for the 243 (1:7.7 twist).

In the promo video which was shown at the Ruger booth, the shooter (who happened to be the rep I spoke with) was getting clover-leaf grouping at 200 yards.

MSRP is $1400 US.

Cool new 10/22 presented at the show: a Take-Down model, with a short Target Barrel. Seems to me it's about time this sees the light of day. Barrel length is 16 inches, fluted, muzzle is threaded (1/2 - 28)... should be a fun gun! MSRP is not for the light-hearted at $629 US. That barrel does look good though.

The 77-series has one new model to show off; called the Ruger 77/17. Has the Ruger rotary mag, chambered in 17 wsm (24" barrel, stainless), or 17 hmr (22" barrel, blued), and a pretty good looking American walnut stock. MSRP is $979 US for the HMR and $1069 US for the WSM.

Finally, there's a new interesting package in the American line. Ruger is offering their American rifle in four calibers (243 win, 270 win, 30-06 and 308) with a Vortex Crossfire II scope. When the Ruger rep presented this package to me, I replied that it was about time one of the Big Guys would offer a rifle-and-scope package with a scope that actually wasn't crap. The rep laughed pretty hard and replied, "yeah, yeah I hear you". MSRP is $639 US

Last edited by louthepou; 01-21-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Nice look'n 10/22 but the price tag sucks. Not when there are some other cooler 10/22 models out there to choose from for less.
    CSSA Member

BANNED
    Lou can you say who distributes Ruger products in Canada is there only one dist

CGN Regular
    Any news on Ruger # 1 models and cartridges for 2016

Thanks

Snow-White Le Mod
    Sorry guys, I am running out of time and sadly I won't be able to drop by the Ruger booth again
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Lol rifle and scope package still has a crap scope on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
    Any news on Ruger # 1 models and cartridges for 2016

Thanks
    Why is this information so hard to find ? Seems like Lipseys would have announced it at the show.

Nice to see that the Ruger American is coming with nice scope combo packages, new USD prices not withstanding. I like the looks of the new 10/22 and functionality, glad they kept it a take down.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I'm guessing this might be in a separate post, but I'd appreciate knowing if Ruger can say where they'll be distributing the new 22lr GP100 revolver.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Lol rifle and scope package still has a crap scope on it.
    Sure does. I would rather have a weaver that savages come with than a vortex..
    sic semper tyrannis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast