Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: New one-hand duckbill mag for the SKS - one which could perform well

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaniel View Post
    This is a sweet idea. I hope the make 10 or 20 round ones. The 30 round mags on an SKS don't look great IMO and make it harder to shoot prone and isn't necessary up here.
    fixed

Looks cool until that latch breaks off rendering the magazine useless. Get a mag adapter from seven six two, modify tapco mags and have Ak style mag release. EZ WIN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogs View Post
    The more pressing issue is finding out why anybody would want or need to wear a chest rig while shooting an sks
    Because it's only cool to shoot five round magazines in a 1500 dollar rifle?
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

Quote Originally Posted by apage2112 View Post
    Looks cool until that latch breaks off rendering the magazine useless. Get a mag adapter from seven six two, modify tapco mags and have Ak style mag release. EZ WIN
    It's hard to say for sure just from looking at the photo, but it appears as though the mag would still work like a standard duckbill type if the latch broke off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    It's hard to say for sure just from looking at the photo, but it appears as though the mag would still work like a standard duckbill type if the latch broke off.
    I think you're right, I was thinking the same thing, the lever just pushes the stock mag release rearward, the catch on the mag is still the same...

Quote Originally Posted by markarma180 View Post
    let's get these in!
    x5^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123