2016 SHOT Show: New one-hand duckbill mag for the SKS - one which could perform well

louthepou

Snow-White Le Mod<br>Moderator
Rating - 100%
787   0   0
Stopped by the Archangel booth, and saw a new product which is just coming off the assembly line.

Everyone who has an SKS has tried the duckbill mags, and they can be a bit of a pain to remove with the factory mag release. Archangel came up with what I would describe as a genuinely clever design. They've added a metal lever on the mag, and this lever, actuated by the shooter's thumb, pushes back on the factory mag release. Apparently there are a few importers in Canada which are just anxiously waiting to get their hands on this one.

Video here:

[video]http://vid1024.photobucket.com/albums/y310/lousen550/SHOT%20Show%202016/20160121_172800_zpsbydrzqqm.mp4[/video]

That's a brilliant idea.

It's one of those things where everyone looks at it and says; "Why didn't I think of that."

Hmm....looks like a pistol mag to me. :)

On a serious note, would be nice to have a dedicated 5 for use here in Canada. Hate the look of 5/30 on the CZ/VZ. Actually...just the "5" part.

Problem- putting them in a chest rig, if you run mags upside down in one they wouldn't work, they'd get stuck when you try and pull it out. Guess you could just put them bottom side in the pouch

Problem- putting them in a chest rig, if you run mags upside down in one they wouldn't work, they'd get stuck when you try and pull it out. Guess you could just put them bottom side in the pouch

The more pressing issue is finding out why anybody would want or need to wear a chest rig while shooting an sks

The more pressing issue is finding out why anybody would want or need to wear a chest rig while shooting an sks

More than one person running an SKS with stripper clips for ORA CQB. if this works well, it could be a very cheap way into the sport for some with a higher ease factor than stripper clips.

Do any modifications need to be made on the SKS rifle to provide reliable feeding?
Can you interchange the magazine with multiple SKS rifles?

This is a sweet idea. I hope the make 10 or 10 round ones. The 30 round mags on an SKS don't look great IMO and make it harder to shoot prone and isn't necessary up here.

Back
Top Bottom