Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    i'll take that 14 offer,,i have no attachement to these,,they are a notch above an SKS,,but thats pretty much it,,but there are people who want this thing for it's collectibility,,the other one will be put up soon too,,after playing with my friends AK's in the US,,it's hard to get excited about an 858 or 958,i can only play with it a few times a year but it's a hell of a nice piece,,wish we could get THOSE here,,but they are just to dangerous for Canada LOL
    I owned a lot of different variations of the AK while they were still unprohibited here in Canada, and now as a CZ858 owner I can honestly say that I personally prefer the 58's over the AK. Lighter, more accurate, better triggers and bolt hold open, all huge a plus to me.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BANNED
    i have to admit,,the 858 receiver is one strong piece of steel..

Quote Originally Posted by chief16 View Post
    Anybody who pays more than $1000 used 858 is crazy! I understand it's supply and demand but 858 are just an ok shooter anyways. Marginally better than a good sks.. In my opinion. And for $1000 it better be pimped out!
    So lets see here...

1) Non restricted
    2) Milled Receiver
    3) Points great on target, good ergos
    4) Very Reliable
    5) Great part's support with pretty much every firearm's retailer in Canada carrying common parts for it
    6) Based on a Battle proven / Service Rifle Design
    7) More than acceptable accuracy for a semi-auto (3 moa with cheap $.20 30 year old corrosive ammo)
    8) Light

If you can name another non-restricted semi-auto rifle in the $1000-$1500 range that shoots as reliably and shoots a proper rifle caliber then I will give you props...

I'm sure a lot of us would love to get ARs but with the current firearm's political landscape we have I don't see a better option other than the 858 and vz58...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Albguy40 View Post
    So lets see here...

1) Non restricted
    2) Milled Receiver
    4) Very Reliable
    5) Great part's support with pretty much every firearm's retailer in Canada carrying common parts for it
    7) More than acceptable accuracy for a semi-auto (3 moa with cheap $.20 30 year old corrosive ammo)
    8) Light

If you can name another non-restricted semi-auto rifle in the $1000-$1500 range that shoots as reliably and shoots a proper rifle caliber then I will give you props...

I'm sure a lot of us would love to get ARs but with the current firearm's political landscape we have I don't see a better option other than the 858 and vz58...
    Sks?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    Sks?
    This

BANNED
    So lets see here...

1) Non restricted
    2) Milled Receiver
    4) Very Reliable
    8) Light

Mini 30?

The sks is not balanced. Had one with a tacticoool stock and it was extremely front heavy. As for the Mini 30, it was on top of my list. Only reason I didn't get it is because of reports that it doesn't like milsurp ammo...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Mini 30?
    If you want a gun that's finicky about what ammo it likes (and it especially doesn't like steel cased ammo), gets the same sized groups at 50 yards that an SKS gets at 100 yards, has spare mags that cost an arm and a leg, on the off chance that you can actually find one for sale, and has absolutely zero military provenance then...

Yah, the Mini 30 would be a great choice.

So lets see here...

1) Non restricted
    2) Milled Receiver
    4) Very Reliable
    8) Light

M1 Garand.. M1A.. If you pay $1500 for a CZ, pay a little more for an american gun that shoots far better ammo than surplus crap!
    AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE..

If you go on the US AK forums there are many, many Americans with access to both the AK and the VZ 58 who prefer the VZ58... Hicock on his youtube channel, says the VZ is everything the AK should have been... Too call it a step above an SKS is just ignorant at best... I own two SKS's and one CZ858 and they are not in the same league at all