Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerbz View Post
    If the conservatives had been reelected I'd have absolutely no hesitation in buying an 858. But they weren't, and we all know the current governments plan, so ya I'd say things aren't too stable at the moment.
    Well the current government had the ability given to them by C42 to second guess all rcmp classification. Which they gave up. Weird eh.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Well the current government had the ability given to them by C42 to second guess all rcmp classification. Which they gave up. Weird eh.
    So you are saying that the cz 858s will never be thrown into the prohibited class again? They gave up their chance to ban them?

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    So you are saying that the cz 858s will never be thrown into the prohibited class again? They gave up their chance to ban them?
    A government can always write new legislation. That could be anything. That has never changed. However the cpc enacted the ability to over rule the lab if they saw fit. That power stayed in force when the liberals came in. That power is fine when you have a pro gun government, but very scary when you don't. The liberals amazingly enough decided they didn't want the authority to over rule the lab, citing the lab were the experts.

Can you imagine the liberals having the power to change NR and R rulings to P just because they saw fit? Much easier then than what they have now.

Now they still can, but not as quickly or easily as under that C42 provision.

I won't ever guess what a government will or won't do. But as of right now the 858 line is fine.

If you want to live in the world of "they may make guns prohib", you might as well give them up now.

All I'm saying is that by the law of today, no one gun is any more or less stable than any other. Either it is legal for you to possess it, or it isn't. What the future holds for any gun's only those writing the legislation know.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Once the prohib's start, it will be like domino's falling IMHO.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Once the prohib's start, it will be like domino's falling IMHO.
    That has been a possibility since the firearms act came into existence over 20+ years ago.

Just another day.

BANNED
    That reminds me I need move PCV pipe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    That reminds me I need move PCV pipe
    Don't we all.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

That's the only thing holding me back on buying an 858, our kleptocratic government.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerbz View Post
    If the conservatives had been reelected I'd have absolutely no hesitation in buying an 858. But they weren't, and we all know the current governments plan, so ya I'd say things aren't too stable at the moment.
    this can happen to any firearm not just CZ/VZ/Type 81. Your worries is unjustifiable. Either give up all your firearms now or buy as much as you can ( which is what I am doing now). Every paycheque is a new gun/ammo with just enough for rent and groceries

Quote Originally Posted by Flux79 View Post
    That's the only thing holding me back on buying an 858, our kleptocratic government.
    Is it holding you back from buying guns in general?

Because one is no different than any other when it comes to the chance of reclassification.