Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    this can happen to any firearm not just CZ/VZ/Type 81. Your worries is unjustifiable. Either give up all your firearms now or buy as much as you can ( which is what I am doing now). Every paycheque is a new gun/ammo with just enough for rent and groceries
    I like the way you think!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    A government can always write new legislation. That could be anything. That has never changed. However the cpc enacted the ability to over rule the lab if they saw fit. That power stayed in force when the liberals came in. That power is fine when you have a pro gun government, but very scary when you don't. The liberals amazingly enough decided they didn't want the authority to over rule the lab, citing the lab were the experts.

Can you imagine the liberals having the power to change NR and R rulings to P just because they saw fit? Much easier then than what they have now.

Now they still can, but not as quickly or easily as under that C42 provision.

I won't ever guess what a government will or won't do. But as of right now the 858 line is fine.

If you want to live in the world of "they may make guns prohib", you might as well give them up now.

All I'm saying is that by the law of today, no one gun is any more or less stable than any other. Either it is legal for you to possess it, or it isn't. What the future holds for any gun's only those writing the legislation know.
    Thanks for all the great info it's much appreciated fenceline! You are awesome!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    A government can always write new legislation. That could be anything. That has never changed. However the cpc enacted the ability to over rule the lab if they saw fit. That power stayed in force when the liberals came in. That power is fine when you have a pro gun government, but very scary when you don't. The liberals amazingly enough decided they didn't want the authority to over rule the lab, citing the lab were the experts.

Can you imagine the liberals having the power to change NR and R rulings to P just because they saw fit? Much easier then than what they have now.

Now they still can, but not as quickly or easily as under that C42 provision.

I won't ever guess what a government will or won't do. But as of right now the 858 line is fine.

If you want to live in the world of "they may make guns prohib", you might as well give them up now.

All I'm saying is that by the law of today, no one gun is any more or less stable than any other. Either it is legal for you to possess it, or it isn't. What the future holds for any gun's only those writing the legislation know.
    What C-42 did was make re-classification a two way street. Since C-68, the government of the day has had to ability to move any firearm from NR to R, NR to P, or R to P, through an order in council, for no other reason than "because we said so, and we're the government, so get stuffed."

But there was no way to go in the other direction. Once a firearm was classed as R or P, there it stayed.

C-42 changed that, and now the government of the day can move any firearm in either direction.

I suspect the Liberals are going to drag their heels on anything to do with firearms legislation. They're watching what's going down in Quebec right now with the provincial long gun registry, and they're starting to see that gun control will cost them more votes than it will get them. And their position isn't strong enough right now for them to have any votes to spare.

If they were in a stronger position, we'd be in trouble. If they did the math and figured they could afford to lose votes to enact more gun control, they would.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Well...
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    Well...
    Well what???this is done and buried
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

C 42 had a clause in it where if a firearm was vlassified for more than 1 year. It can not be moved

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Well what???this is done and buried
    That's what shovels are for...
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    It was already stated by Mr. Wolverine that they will NOT be going ahead with the 958.

The last thing they had to do with the cz rifles was the last batch of em they sold a few months back
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I know. Still want one... or it.

If there's enough demand someone else will likely deliver it.
    Maybe the plans could go to China? It would have been better than the Type 81 rifle.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel