Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    If there's enough demand someone else will likely deliver it.
    Maybe the plans could go to China? It would have been better than the Type 81 rifle.
    It is not a question of "if there is enough demand someone else will deliver" although I think the timing of the Type 81 is perfect and she should go a long way to filling that market spot. Production of the CZ 958 was delayed by over 2 years waiting for the RCMP to classify her and issue and FRT, I could not obtain an import Certificate with out an FRT (Policy not law) or I would have imported them. This delay led to the manufacture getting set up on other projects. Secondly the CZ 958 relies on using new old stock parts and these have virtually dried up so unfortunately I would be surprised if the CZ 958 ever goes into production. It will always be a topic of conversation every time I meet with CZ. If another manufacture was to copy this and put her into production with all new parts I think she would be cost prohibited.

I have had a simpler cheaper design in by head for years but I am not a manufacture and our Government does not fill me with confidence over such projects.

if John sends the CZ958 to China to be made, it WILL EQUAL or turn into a Type 81, crappy tolerence, poor machine fit, tons of tool marks, uneven chrome lining, front sight is 45 degrees canted. so at that point, the whiny CGN community will just buy a type 81 because they are disappointed that Wolverine has brought in such a poorly made over priced firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Doesn't CSA currently make new CZ pattern rifles for reasonable prices?

How much more difficult and expensive can it be to make them with a factory picatinny rail?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    I don't know about that DM - maybe so.

However, dealing with the Canadian bureaucracy is a colossal pain in the but. I deal with the minions of Health Canada regularly and they are typically a bunch of misinformed goofballs eager to exercise and inflate their power. And this is in relation to importing and distributing skin care products made in Europe. I can only imagine the mountain of patience and restraint required to try to import a firearm.

Thank you Mr. Wolverine.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Personally I'd love to see a model based on that proposed 'modernized' VZ58 that was competing with the CZ805.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Looks like the dust cover is the scope mount? Bin to Czechia recently or did you pull the pic?
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    if John sends the CZ958 to China to be made, it WILL EQUAL or turn into a Type 81, crappy tolerence, poor machine fit, tons of tool marks, uneven chrome lining, front sight is 45 degrees canted. so at that point, the whiny CGN community will just buy a type 81 because they are disappointed that Wolverine has brought in such a poorly made over priced firearm.
    Lol, cause you've held, handled and inspected so.many type 81 rifles, you're an expert on their build quality...

look at all the M305 on the markets, im not bashing them, i have a few m305s but im speaking with reality here. And knowing the majority of CGN are whiner and crybabies, tell me my statement is half wrong!?

Hi, any date for the arrival of the cz858?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patsow87 View Post
    Hi, any date for the arrival of the cz858?
    you missed the boat, you'll have to pick one up off the EE