Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Maybe, but not likely. Apples & oranges.
    The type 81 is a rifle still in production, Chinese built, lower cost to make.
    The CZ 858 is out of production, Czech built, and the current model is a limited/final edition as well, from what we've been told. Unless they re-tool up and start churning them out again, there's no new ones being made.
    except that these 858 will never be collectable in value,there is way to many in the country,not a week goes by without seeing a few in the exchange,usually asking $1500.00 or so,yet a short while back,some know it all were bitching about how an 858 will never sell at that price,yet they all sell anyways,even the ones that came in were pretty near $1400.00,the only guys making serious money are the ones who bought them a few years ago at the regular retail of $800.00,i still luck out at shows and get them for $600.00 sometimes,got 4 of them this year,they are a cool gun,and very well made,as for the comments on Chinese quality of their military firearms,seems to me they did pretty well with their SKS's,which sell usually for more than Russian ones these days,i'm not knocking the build quality of 858's,but to think they'll be collectable and a good investment,it will take 150 years for that to happen,

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    except that these 858 will never be collectable in value,there is way to many in the country,not a week goes by without seeing a few in the exchange,usually asking $1500.00 or so,yet a short while back,some know it all were bitching about how an 858 will never sell at that price,yet they all sell anyways,even the ones that came in were pretty near $1400.00,the only guys making serious money are the ones who bought them a few years ago at the regular retail of $800.00,i still luck out at shows and get them for $600.00 sometimes,got 4 of them this year,they are a cool gun,and very well made,as for the comments on Chinese quality of their military firearms,seems to me they did pretty well with their SKS's,which sell usually for more than Russian ones these days,i'm not knocking the build quality of 858's,but to think they'll be collectable and a good investment,it will take 150 years for that to happen,
    Even if they aren't collectible as you may define a "collectible", they still continue to appreciate in value as you've outlined. They used to be $600-700 retail and are now $1200 in less than 5 years! How many other guns have done that? Look at the SKS. There are far more SKS in the country. Some are collectibles, but they have all appreciated slightly in value.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Sad to say CZ have no immediate plans for putting the CZ958 into production. The plant is gearing up to produce 20,000 EVO 3 pistols for the US and we are left whistling.

Understandably we are not at all pleased with the situation and this came as a complete surprize to me when I was told this at the Shot Show.

We should still be receiving the 400 CZ 858 rifles and this will be the last of them for the foreseeable future.
    So how about some EVO 3 pistols with buttstock and 10 round mags for Canada at the same time?

[youtube]NqiEB-l5-Kc[/youtube]
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    So how about some EVO 3 pistols with buttstock and 10 round mags for Canada at the same time?

[youtube]NqiEB-l5-Kc[/youtube]
    Waiting for approval.

CGN Regular
    Waiting for approval.
    Awwww yiss. At the right price, with 10 rounders, I would totally buy one of these. SO sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    Awwww yiss. At the right price, with 10 rounders, I would totally buy one of these. SO sexy.
    As these are using SMG mags the limit will be five rds.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    Even if they aren't collectible as you may define a "collectible", they still continue to appreciate in value as you've outlined. They used to be $600-700 retail and are now $1200 in less than 5 years! How many other guns have done that? Look at the SKS. There are far more SKS in the country. Some are collectibles, but they have all appreciated slightly in value.
    except that their value was simply based on the fact that there was nothing else in their category,,now there will be with the Type 81,i said 2 years ago the 858 would go to $1500.00 because no more were coming in and there was nothing to compete directly with it,and many on here said i was crazy and called me names,,well guess what,they did reach that amount,BUT,as soon as the type 81 comes in,those prices will drop,they are simply not rare enough,if you bought one in the last batch at about $1400.00 that's not going to an investement,but most people who bought them,bought them to have fun with them and enjoy them as they should,so the investment point doesn't matter to them,i have great investment guns,but i play with them to,that's what they are made for,

If you purchase a modern firearm use and enjoy it. If you want an investment purchase quality antique firearms and keep them in the safe. Purchasing a modern firearm is no different than purchasing a new car, do you expect to sell it after a few years use and make a profit?

Waiting for approval.
    CZ 805 or 806 bren? I'd love to have one.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    CZ 805 or 806 bren? I'd love to have one.

Ben
    Still waiting for CZ to ship us the latest Bren so we can submit for classification.