Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

Wow... This really sucks. Regardless of CZ's decision, thanks for all your effort on this gun.
    45 ACP Junkie... Nothing More, Nothing Less...

This is unfortunate news. Let's hope for the best and that this project works out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I tried to follow the 858 and CZ debacle as close as I could?
    What did WE ever get out of it?
    Any reclassification was because of the federal cabinet? Not anything CZ or firearm owners did??
    Someone fill me in!!!
    Or was it a promise to build the 958"s without delay to appease us? How did that work out!!
    The answer is simple. I could not afford to place an order with CZ for CZ 958 rifles until the RCMP SFSS had approved her ,nor could I get an import Certificate until the RCMP SFSS had issued an FRT. This is not a legal requirement only policy. Can you blame CZ for assigning their production to products that they could sell. It is our system of firearm approval that is to blame, no commercial operation can wait 3 years plus for an FRT correction or approval, before they start production. They (CZ) could have produced CZ 958 rifles with out delay if I could have placed an order, my hands were tied, even now everyone accepts the FRT as been a legal requirement. Now the FRT is issued for the CZ 958 but the factory has previous commitments. C'est la vie.

LOL. When the FRT was approved for the CZ958 I sold my 858 in anticipation of buying a 958 Tactical. Sucks to be me I guess.

Regardless, thanks for all your work on this project, Mr. Wolverine. Sorry it didn't work out for the better.
    "I will appeal, not to the freedom of speech or religion, but to the sacred and inalienable right to be left the hell alone." - Andrew Coyne

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    It's still the best option for $1000 and under .
    You think? I bet the 400 coming will be well north of $1000.
    sic semper tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    You think? I bet the 400 coming will be well north of $1000.
    I agree. From a business perspective no 958 right now makes the 858 much easier to unload at a premium profit. I am gonna guess $1500 before shipping and tax. Once they are all snapped up and sold the 958 will be back on track and after an additional year of hype will hit market. $$$

CGN Regular
    Good idea ^ Not a chance in hell I'd pay 1500 lol

I'd tell them they can keep the 400 858's, thanks anyway....
    Crazy......but that's how it goes.

Thanks for all your time and efforts, Mr. Wolverine.

This might make me reconsider the choice of owning a 7.63x39 platform, sadly. I don't want a 60 years old commbloc-quality-control-level surplus rifle I have to tinker with to make shoot straight or carry a scope, I'm not fond of the Ruger mini-30 and I don't want to pay 2000$ or more for a SCAR.

Gonna have to do more research. vz58 perhhaps... if I can find one.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawfr View Post
    Thanks for all your time and efforts, Mr. Wolverine.

This might make me reconsider the choice of owning a 7.63x39 platform, sadly. I don't want a 60 years old commbloc-quality-control-level surplus rifle I have to tinker with to make shoot straight or carry a scope, I'm not fond of the Ruger mini-30 and I don't want to pay 2000$ or more for a SCAR.

Gonna have to do more research. vz58 perhhaps... if I can find one.
    None of my 858s or SKS rifles needed tinkering to make shoot straight. Not sure where you got that idea from. Scoping one, that's a different story.