Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rem 783 PRS/Tactical - New Chassis Option for 2019

Supporting Dealer

Rem 783 PRS/Tactical - New Chassis Option for 2019

Name:  IMG_1162.jpg
Views: 5206
Size:  76.7 KB

Here are some sneak peaks to my new Rem 783 PRS/Tactical rifle build I have been mentioning in other posts.

Factory barreled action... Very impressed with the features in the action and the barrel, in 243, seems to be shooting very well.

Boyds Pro Varmint stock inletted for CDI DBM. I have modified a Savage Axis DBM to fit... not that far off dimensionally which is not really a surprise

Rail has been installed into the forend so I can use the MPOD or Harris

I got rid of that horrid factory bolt knob and installed an EGW knob instead.... WAY nicer to use.

An EGW 1pc 20 MOA base will be on the rifle in time for spring shooting.

I am impressed by how well this action cycles and functions. It seems to be have been designed for AICS mags as there was no mods needed to the action except fitting the DBM to position the mag in the right place.

Eventually, prefit barrels will be available and costs will be similar to the Savage barrels. A great action, very usable trigger, aftermarket barrels (in time), stocks and chassis available. I hear other aftermarket manfs are looking at this action for parts and accessories.

I have been super keen on Savage actions as donors and still compete with them in F Class but this Rem 783 is far better for mag fed tactical builds.

Enjoy...

Rem 783 Tactical Rifle Build Article

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 12-04-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Great news as I bought 3 in the last 4 months at great prices, .308, 7mm rem mag. And 300 win mag. smooth actions! It would be nice to get a nice tactical stock and mag for one of them!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    This promises to be interesting! Someday I want to do a precision build, but I don't have huge $$$ to spend.. This could be it!

CGN Regular
    Nice build, looks like a winner.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Great news as I bought 3 in the last 4 months at great prices, .308, 7mm rem mag. And 300 win mag. smooth actions! It would be nice to get a nice tactical stock and mag for one of them!
    Have a look at the MDT HS3 chassis... I think this is the only chassis right now but it is a good one

As more shooters have a look, demand will drive supply.

So far, cost of Boyds is around $200

CDI DBM is $250

Mags are $40

If you did the fitting yourself and you got one of the end of year rifles (around $375), you have a functional rifle for well under $1000

Jerry

PS thanks for the kind thoughts

What mags are you using for $40?
    Religion is the most destructive of all of mankinds inventions~

Supporting Dealer
    MDT polymer mags.

As a dealer, I have run them when they first came out. They do work well but have a 10rds tightness which may get redesigned when they make their next mold... If you know that, you can work around it and it does a very nice job.

Steel AICS style mags from AI or Accurate mag are also wonderful but double the price and double the weight.

Weight is important to me.

Jerry

Jerry, do you know for the 7mm Rem Mag and 300 Win Mag how long a loaded cartridge can be and still load properly if a person wants to use a long slippery bullet and not seat down past the neck too much? Relates to how much if any freeborn or how far they can be seated too.

Supporting Dealer
    No idea.. do not have any 783 LA's to play with and not going to get any as I have no need for a magnum LA.

Jerry

Close to my Friends, Closer to my Enemies
    Can bolt heads be changed and will they fit Savage bolt heads?
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast