Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT SHOW: CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine and Evo

A Scorpion Evo 9mm, with non-restricted status, would be sweeeeeeet.

It looks less "lanky" than the current PCC's available.
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapua001 View Post
    I appreciate the sarcasm, which is necessary. If BATF firearms technology branch is approving an import into the US, they it boarders on the nonsensical that the same approval would not be accepted for Canada unless someone up here has "war of 1812 aspirations". When Technology Branch does a U.S. domestic approval they spend more time and resources on a technical examination and approval than any Canadian Department would ever dream of spending or could as it is built into both BATF and US Industry to get it right. On top of that they have U.S. Hawks on both sides of the issue and BATF would be either "devoured" or sued if they got it wrong. Not that they could get it wrong, but it is highly, highly unlikely. Any department in Canada blowing off a U.S. import approval is only tainted with a needless swipe of anti Americanism of they are one of the "Hezbollah" of the anti gun crowd, or both combined with a petty level of immaturity. Fresh diaper change anybody?

The goal is to disarm you.

Home grown classification is designed to do that.

The gun grabbers only follow the lead of others when it serves that goal.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN frequent flyer
    I wonder if the BREN would be deemed a SCAR "variant" and be prohib.... Whatever variant means.
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    I wonder if the BREN would be deemed a SCAR "variant" and be prohib.... Whatever variant means.
    I don't think so. I don't believe the SCAR is prohib by name, meaning that a variant of isn't automatically prohib. If FN produced a semi only variant that satisfied the RCMP lab, it would be NR (with a long enough barrel). I could be wrong though.

Ben

BANNED

Building 26: "run. hide or shoot"

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    The goal is to disarm you.

Home grown classification is designed to do that.

The gun grabbers only follow the lead of others when it serves that goal.
    I think, far more effective if they disarmed themselves

What the U.S. Navy said at building 26 made far more sense with the active shooter situation in the building: "Run, Hide or fight". Not everyone has the whatever you want to call in to confront a killer, nor the means, nor the opportunity, but when has the means. opportunity and can muster the courage, than it only makes practical sense as regular armed law enforcement is rarely at the right place and at the right time (no fault of theirs unless you want a ruinously large and oppressive police state)

Lt Dave Grossman (Wrote On Combat and other greats) divided people accurately into the ability and means to defend themselves and others into: Sheep (most people, and not necessarily a slight intended), and then Sheppards (like Capt Nichola Goddard), and Sheep Dogs. And, then there are the "Wolves" Hopefully no explanation required

As Dave quite eloquently put in one of his lecture presentations when he said of the people who go towards the shooting, rather than away from it, they don't do it or glamour or glory to protect people they perhaps don't even know. "they do it for love" or also well put in the U.S. Air Force Motto simply "Send Me".

Practically speaking one needs to reduce the odds of the Wolves and increase the odds of the Sheep, Sheppard and Sheepdogs and hoping that an armed Government official will be there in time to save any of us is naive, reckless game of Russian Roulette, that we will lose, - most of the time anyway. It a matter of odds and luck, nothing more or as Clint Eastwood put quit well in "The Un-forgiven" : "Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it". Despite use of "ain't" he had a really good point. We reduce these odds in Society's favor by allowing the training and equipping of those willing and able. Why because of what I believe Heracles said many years ago, which really applied to people in general, not just soldiers. I paraphrase here

"out of 100 (I would said both men and women and sadly, occasionally 15 year old boys like Zaevion William Dobson, in Knoxville Tennessee on Dec 2015), 85 of them are just targets, 14 of them are real soldiers (sheepdogs), and one is is the person that could bring you all back home (The Sheppard)

To reduce that 85% figure (On Jesus, really? Really), there not only has to be a proper train and equip in a true democracy like Canada - "a country of the people, for the people" - This is not just an American Abraham Lincoln Aspiration but an International one the world over in what we all strive to achieve in a true democracy

If not we need to see more needless predations by "wolves" in society no matter how hard we try to "scrub the truth", as we try to imagine as world of no bad people or guns, just "bunny rabbits and noodle salad which are known by dangerous dreamer to exist on the Planet Zontar, home of the cabbage people"

As Clint Eastwood put quit well in "The Un-forgiven" in any of us are unlucky to be slaughtered by a crazy, fall out of our crib, - sometimes on Parliament hill, get run over, die of cancer or disease or whatever: "Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it". People that refuse to accept they fundamental basics and pitfalls of human condition, which is indeed mostly good, are dreamers, fool and natural victims. Please just don't drag the rest of us into your own "pipe dream"

Never guess the above was coming when I Woke up this morning!

What does available soon mean?
    As in they are going into production and the US market will get them or that they will be arriving in the north land?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lapua001 View Post
    I think, far more effective if they disarmed themselves

What the U.S. Navy said at building 26 made far more sense with the active shooter situation in the building: "Run, Hide or fight". Not everyone has the whatever you want to call in to confront a killer, nor the means, nor the opportunity, but when has the means. opportunity and can muster the courage, than it only makes practical sense as regular armed law enforcement is rarely at the right place and at the right time (no fault of theirs unless you want a ruinously large and oppressive police state)

Lt Dave Grossman (Wrote On Combat and other greats) divided people accurately into the ability and means to defend themselves and others into: Sheep (most people, and not necessarily a slight intended), and then Sheppards (like Capt Nichola Goddard), and Sheep Dogs. And, then there are the "Wolves" Hopefully no explanation required

As Dave quite eloquently put in one of his lecture presentations when he said of the people who go towards the shooting, rather than away from it, they don't do it or glamour or glory to protect people they perhaps don't even know. "they do it for love" or also well put in the U.S. Air Force Motto simply "Send Me".

Practically speaking one needs to reduce the odds of the Wolves and increase the odds of the Sheep, Sheppard and Sheepdogs and hoping that an armed Government official will be there in time to save any of us is naive, reckless game of Russian Roulette, that we will lose, - most of the time anyway. It a matter of odds and luck, nothing more or as Clint Eastwood put quit well in "The Un-forgiven" : "Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it". Despite use of "ain't" he had a really good point. We reduce these odds in Society's favor by allowing the training and equipping of those willing and able. Why because of what I believe Heracles said many years ago, which really applied to people in general, not just soldiers. I paraphrase here

"out of 100 (I would said both men and women and sadly, occasionally 15 year old boys like Zaevion William Dobson, in Knoxville Tennessee on Dec 2015), 85 of them are just targets, 14 of them are real soldiers (sheepdogs), and one is is the person that could bring you all back home (The Sheppard)

To reduce that 85% figure (On Jesus, really? Really), there not only has to be a proper train and equip in a true democracy like Canada - "a country of the people, for the people" - This is not just an American Abraham Lincoln Aspiration but an International one the world over in what we all strive to achieve in a true democracy

If not we need to see more needless predations by "wolves" in society no matter how hard we try to "scrub the truth", as we try to imagine as world of no bad people or guns, just "bunny rabbits and noodle salad which are known by dangerous dreamer to exist on the Planet Zontar, home of the cabbage people"

As Clint Eastwood put quit well in "The Un-forgiven" in any of us are unlucky to be slaughtered by a crazy, fall out of our crib, - sometimes on Parliament hill, get run over, die of cancer or disease or whatever: "Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it". People that refuse to accept they fundamental basics and pitfalls of human condition, which is indeed mostly good, are dreamers, fool and natural victims. Please just don't drag the rest of us into your own "pipe dream"

Never guess the above was coming when I Woke up this morning!
    Correction : Ride, Hide or Fight was the actual quote

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    The scar isn't a prohibited firearm by name. It is prohibited because it is easily converted to full auto. Fix that issue, and we could havethem.

As only variants of firearms that are prohibited by name are prohibited, no, the bren cannot be prohibited as a variant of the scar. That and the bren and scar are not variants of each other. Similar, but not related.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

So is someone going to try to get theses approved or not? I see guns selling for 4-5k all day long... How about we get to decide what we want not based on show msrp. And probables. If we start pre deciding what can come in or not based on price we are falling in the governments games of self castration.
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If these rifles came to Kanada in a non restricted version and for $2k or less, they would run run Robinson Armament, Benelli, Famae and a few others right out of town. They would eat up much of the AT market in that price range too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast