Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Suppressors

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    We should be able to choose to use a suppressor if you want in Canada, but the movies make them evil.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

At the range it would be nice to have suppressors. Im actually surprised that being such a safety conscience community this hasn't been addressed. This being Canada... I'm not surprised (upside down and backwards). Out hunting though, I think the noise is important to alert others that there is hunting being done in the area.
    Anyways, they are nice to look at. Thanks for the pics

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Because this sub forum is for stuff at shot show.... Not just Canadian legal stuff
    "Because" is also a sound and solid reason I personally would love to take a silenced .22LR High Standard with me while deer hunting with my .30-06 in November. Being able to take a grouse/partridge while deer hunting without waking up the area and spoiling the actual deer hunt for miles around would be great. Sad that I have never been able to do that. Bought a sling shot but it is too dammed bulky and impractical to use in a situation such as this

Silencers in our cases have nothing to do with James Bond, assassinating people or any of that largely movie crap or born out of ignorance or a vindictive, mean spirited attitude towards firearms owners and that we must somehow be planning to do something bad. The truly undemocratic "defectives" who think that way should have confined to daycare as small children when they still could fit in a crib

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lapua001 View Post
    "Because" is also a sound and solid reason I personally would love to take a silenced .22LR High Standard with me while deer hunting with my .30-06 in November. Being able to take a grouse/partridge while deer hunting without waking up the area and spoiling the actual deer hunt for miles around would be great. Sad that I have never been able to do that. Bought a sling shot but it is too dammed bulky and impractical to use in a situation such as this

Silencers in our cases have nothing to do with James Bond, assassinating people or any of that largely movie crap or born out of ignorance or a vindictive, mean spirited attitude towards firearms owners and that we must somehow be planning to do something bad. The truly undemocratic "defectives" who think that way should have confined to daycare as small children when they still could fit in a crib
    P.S. finishing off a wounded animal, in the rare case thankfully, is also another good reason, but this applies more to handguns that we have never been able to carry for no good reason, other then "the movies". Had to finish off a deer one time for myself and a moose in 1998 when a moron I was hunting with wounded the animal and then refused to use another round to finish the moose off ( I have never hunted with that dumb ass again). We have a right to hunt, but coupled with and equal responsibility to take the animal humanely and I refuse to stand by and let an animal suffer (BTW when the suffer from 30 day starvation, due to overpopulation that is truly ugly)

In any event I had to finish off both animals with a .30-06 at point blank range and that is sort of obscene, in addition to being somewhat less they ideally safe. A .22LR handgun or silenced .22LR in both cases for the grouse and this would have been perfect. And no I would not carry a third gun with the weight while hunting. We are not bloody golfers and no I don't have a caddy!

Alberta Defence Force - Liberal Welcoming Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    Why would someone post this stuff on a Canadian gun site?
    Because the CDN ban on silencers violates our Charter Rights to Security of the Person as well as the OH&S Laws on reduction of sound at the source.

Shooting without a sound suppressor is nothing short of uncivilized. We nearly the only G8 nation that bans the use of silencers by civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by brass magnet View Post
    once the petition to make the ar15 non restricted goes through then we can make suppressors legal
    x2 !!
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

Yes, when Canada become 52 state of United Stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by remyltr View Post
    because hopefully one day we can have them

Quote Originally Posted by ekosuharto View Post
    Yes, when Canada become 52 state of United Stated.
    That would be states 51 to 59 plus three (or four) territories. Since the US would not even consider becoming bilingual, Quebec would go its own way.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

I got to use a suppressor while in Norway, Atec PMM6 9mm really cool design, cnc out of aerospace alluminum, is modular and broke down into 13 pieces like Lego, has a neilson device (piston) not that it was very heavy or in my opinion needed it. Very quiet with 147grains, very nice, air compressor at work sounds louder... Almost 140db noise reduction... Hopefully one day canada will be as forwards thinking as Norway

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Because the CDN ban on silencers violates our Charter Rights to Security of the Person as well as the OH&S Laws on reduction of sound at the source.

Shooting without a sound suppressor is nothing short of uncivilized. We nearly the only G8 nation that bans the use of silencers by civilians.
    Oh Lord! We are talking about the legal use and the legitimate uses, along with the need for the law to reflect that ( ie a lawful change for the better ). No one here that I have read is talking about anything illegal at all in Canada and this comments sounds like "the thought police". No only no, but hell no! Sadly, there always seems to be a "Quisling" that would like to infer wrong doing when in fact there is nothing wrong going on so they can show how pure they are. My late grandmother said: "The bigger the stack of bibles someone carries, the less you can trust them". Trying to control what others are "allowed" to think is truly "uncivilized" We see it in other countries and my family members fought and died so you could express your opinion, whether we agree with you or not

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast