Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Suppressors

Supporting Dealer
    I had the pleasure... and I do mean pleasure, to shoot beside a group of US Army marksmen training with their new 300WM SUPPRESSED rifle. That was my first exposure to suppressed rifles.

WOW, what a difference. If we could, we should have suppressors on every rifle that is on the range. The noise complaints would end in a heartbeat.

Were they silent... NO! but the noise intensity was so much better. I shot a 308 and the shooter next to me with another 308 was far more noisy then the 300WM on the other side.

Like the muffler on a car doesn't make the car silent, it sure is more pleasant then an open exhaust.

Pity the Cdn politician/safety officer will not sit beside a suppressed rifle vs a non suppressed. If they did, they would have a hard time considering these evil devices.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Alberta Defence Force - Liberal Welcoming Committee
    Yep, like I said, umsuppressed is just uncivilized.

I'll offer my opinion as well.

As I noted in the first post, there is a real move afoot this year.
    Many of the guns at Media Day were suppressed.
    Naturally, many more were not. A lot of these guns had "loudeners" on them. Short barrels and efficient muzzle brakes.
    An efficient brake directs the blast sideways, straight at your neighbour.

I REALLY dont want to be "that guy" that goes to a gun range, only to bag away about the noise...
    And yet, I found myself getting a bit pissed off at the tremendous blast coming from the guy beside me (not any one person, but several instances)
    I would end up waiting for the next guy to burn out his mag so that I could fire an accurate shot, or focus on the the firing sensation of a new gun, etc...

While I would absolutely hate to be REQUIRED to muffle every gun (I can see the legal pendulum swinging too far the other way...) , I certainly do wish that we had the option.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567