Thread: SHOT Show 2016: News from Traditions Firearms

Snow-White Le Mod

SHOT Show 2016: News from Traditions Firearms

Traditions was showing at the Shot Show a new metal finish on several black powder models. Previously, cerakote was available, but since it's a spray-on stuff, it couldn't be sprayed inside the barels.

Here come Nitride finish for 2016. Since nitride is done in a bath, the bore is also covered with the finish. Traditions states it reduces or slows fouling, promotes easier reloading, improves accuracy and extends the life of the barrel.

There's also a nice new .model in the Traditions rimfire rifles, the "Crackshots"; 20 inch barrels are making their way into their lineup for 2016 (previously, only 16 1/2 inches were available). They also are introducing an "easy takedown" feature, and a "dual safety".

I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    I thought the came apart pretty easy as is, mine is a Buckstalker.
    Bush hunter!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a buck stalker model. I wish they'd come out with a center fire version of the buck stalker. Import them to Canada and I'm sure they'd sell since cva center fires are so hard to get and hnr is out
    Keep the price point similar to the muzzleloader version and offer a variety of usable calibers in both rimmed and non rimmed
    25/35
    275 Rigby
    30/30
    30/06
    303 British
    444 marlin
    45/70
    50/70