Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: News from Browning: X-Bolt rifle and Cynergy o/u

Snow-White Le Mod

2016 SHOT Show: News from Browning: X-Bolt rifle and Cynergy o/u

I spent several minutes with a rep from Browning.

The X-Bolt received quite a lot of attention; several models were Shot Show exclusives.

A new model is called the "Long Range Hunter Carbon Fiber", with muzzle brake; cerakote finish, stainless bits; also new is a model called "Hell's Canyon Speed", with a metal finish called "burnt bronze".

I had the chance to shoot with the Hell's Canyon at the range day, with the new Browning ammunition. The rifle was chambered in 30-06, and was very light - I estimate probably around 6.5 pounds. I expected my shoulder to take a beating. But to my surprise, there was little felt recoil. I'm not kidding, it felt more comfortable than when I shoot 30-06 through my Enfield M1917 which must weigh about 10 pounds. I guess the combination of the ported muzzle and the recoil pad (said to not only absorb recoil but direct it downwards as well) actually work; maybe it's not just marketing mumbo-jumbo. I shot 4 rounds, all were on the target at 200 yards (I think it was an 8-inch target). Jay also tried it out and came out satisfied, if not impressed. Trigger pull was quite exquisite.

There's also a new Long Range X-Bolt model with a new MacMillan stock, that's apprently a first for the X-Bolt line.

Moving onto the shotguns...

In the Cynergy o/u line, there are news as well: an o/u for turkey hunting. Factory comes with extra-full choke on top, and "spreader" at the bottom (if I recall correctly); scope rail, and fibre-optic peep sight. It's the second from the top in the pictures below:

Annnd. another Browning pic, just because I really like these o/u
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

Those over/under turkey guns are sweet! Any idea of CAN MSRP?
    Slava Ukraini!

Snow-White Le Mod
    Don't know about Canada, but it's $2339 US... it better be a nice gun! I checked a few specs and it does come with more chokes (5 in total). See, you get nice options for that price.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

I wasn't expecting THAT amount of overpricing, that makes them at least $3000 here. I guess I'll keep hoping they call and ask if I want a demo.
    Slava Ukraini!