Thread: 2016 SHOT Show: Couple of rifle news from CZ-USA

Snow-White Le Mod

2016 SHOT Show: Couple of rifle news from CZ-USA

Had a very quick chat with Zach from CZ-USA.

There's a new 557 model; CZ is offering their new "Sporter Short Action", a "true" short action, chambered in either 243 or 308, with detachable magazine; said to be different from their previous 550 in 308 which was a modified long action; the 557 short action has reduced length and mass. I found this rifle looked nice and felt right, in terms of ergonomics, but I was just shouldering it standing there in the booth. Weights 7 pounds.

CZ is also introducing a new varmint model, in 308 - built on that same new Model 557 short action. Really heafty 25.6 inch, cold-hammer forged barrel; fully adjustable trigger; and a very peculiar massive stock; "built to be a bench gun", according to CZ. Completely forgot to take a picture of the new Varmint, so here's one I borrowed from the CZ website

Two new rimfire semi-auto are coming to the CZ 512 lineup in 22lr and 22wmr; the "American" model, with walnut stock, higher ckeek and comb optimized for scope use; and the Carbine model, with a short 16.5 inch barrel, tangent sight, black-dyed beechwood stock. Don't know about the black dye, just hides the wood grain... looks like a synthetic stock; but, hey, maybe some folks will like that.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    The above stock on the carbine would of looked a lot better.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold