2016 SHOT Show: Promag SKS magazine

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
When I first heard of this, I was not really too interested.
Just another hicap (35 rounds) mag pinned to 5 rounds.
So, exchanging a factory 10/5 for an aftermarket 35/5 didnt seem like much of a deal...

Then the Promag rep showed how quickly and easily it locks and releases.
By squeezing the lever built into the rear of the mag, the mag can be removed very rapidly.
This gets interesting!
And yes, it will work in all our Russian made SKS's.

ElMJ4NT.jpg

IXWx9Om.jpg

3UvqNWW.jpg

BC2bwRl.jpg

If this was a dedicated 5 round, or pinned 5/10, I'd be very interested. A 5/30 is allot of unused plastic. Very cool product though. I'm guessing these will trickle into Canada someday, and be backordered more often than not.

I don't understand the point of changing out the metal 5 round factory "mag". For a fake, plastic , 30 round mag that only holds 5 rounds. Is it just to say you spent more money on your cheap sks or...? Perhaps its an ego thing, or a nostalgia for your child hood nerf gun thing? Do these things top load? or do you have to buy a bunch more, and strap them all to yourself like a Troy Hurtubise with hockey pads.

I can cut a 10 round stripper clip in half so I have 2 5 round clips, and I can reload with those a LOT faster than mussing around trying to rock in any duckbill mag.

I don't understand the point of changing out the metal 5 round factory "mag". For a fake, plastic , 30 round mag that only holds 5 rounds. Is it just to say you spent more money on your cheap sks or...? Perhaps its an ego thing, or a nostalgia for your child hood nerf gun thing? Do these things top load? or do you have to buy a bunch more, and strap them all to yourself like a Troy Hurtubise with hockey pads.

Maybe it is because folks are free to spend their money as they please.

Back
Top Bottom