Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPSC Open division - STI Trubor or Matchmaster?

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    thanks can you comment on the differences between the match master and the steel master please

Jeff
    Sure.

The matchmaster is set up for 9mm major (Handloads only) and then steelmaster is set up for 9mm minor (factory).
    You void warranty if you shoot major out of the steelmaster and the matchmaster likely won't cycle 9mm minor ammo.

The steelmaster is targeted at someone wanting to shoot steel challenge type shooting or plinking while the matchmaster is targeted at IPSC.

All are in stock now.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Hi, I shoot sti Trubor and love it. The longer barrel can let you use less powder and have a big veriety selection for powder use for 9mm major hand load.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    could one shoot the steelmaster with major loads and not worry about any problems, (if one knows how to reload properly like an experienced IPSC shooter)

asking as I will be reloading (have for 35 years) and may be using major loads if I compete but not necessarily using major loads for casual range use,

one would think it would stand up but just asking

and do you sell 10 to 1 matchmaster and the steelmaster might be a little harder to sell, (anything will sell if you lower the price 200 bucks )

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    Sure.

The matchmaster is set up for 9mm major (Handloads only) and then steelmaster is set up for 9mm minor (factory).
    You void warranty if you shoot major out of the steelmaster and the matchmaster likely won't cycle 9mm minor ammo.

The steelmaster is targeted at someone wanting to shoot steel challenge type shooting or plinking while the matchmaster is targeted at IPSC.

All are in stock now.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    You can be reloading for 90 years - major 9 is major 9 whoever you are...and the Steelmaster is not set up for major loads; using it as shipped with major loads will beat the crap out of it.
    Customization would be required and you'd need to seek the advice & talents of a custom pistolmith for that info / work.

If you're going to shoot major 9 - our recommendation is to get a trubor or matchmaster - they're built for it.

I don't understand what you're asking in the second question, sorry...

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    thanks now I know to try one of each and then decide on 9mm major or minor,

the second question was in reference to your comment in post 5 I think where you indicate you sell 10 guns in 9mm major to every one in 38 super SO

My question was it would seem the steel master might be a bit of a slower seller because the match,aster can handle all loads that function

if the steel master is designed for lighter loads then folks may not order it in case they wish to shoot major or hotter loads,

If I have that correct, just thinking on whether the major is something I can handle or whether minor might make me happy

one last question if I may

Minor loads in the matchmaster may not cycle the gun properly but would medium loads work the action properly as I am unsure of major loads until I try one

or should I just take more mess and go away,
    Thanks you are very well spoken in your posts and that is why I ask

Not trying to take up too much time but wish to quicken the learning curve to buy another gun rather than just wait for summer,

Jeff

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    The calibre sells ten to one, not necessarily the gun.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    thanks now I know to try one of each and then decide on 9mm major or minor,

the second question was in reference to your comment in post 5 I think where you indicate you sell 10 guns in 9mm major to every one in 38 super SO

My question was it would seem the steel master might be a bit of a slower seller because the match,aster can handle all loads that function

if the steel master is designed for lighter loads then folks may not order it in case they wish to shoot major or hotter loads,

If I have that correct, just thinking on whether the major is something I can handle or whether minor might make me happy

one last question if I may

Minor loads in the matchmaster may not cycle the gun properly but would medium loads work the action properly as I am unsure of major loads until I try one

or should I just take more mess and go away,
    Thanks you are very well spoken in your posts and that is why I ask

Not trying to take up too much time but wish to quicken the learning curve to buy another gun rather than just wait for summer,

Jeff
    dude just get the match master in 9 major. 38 SC is too expensive hence why 9 major guns are selling 10:1. the steel master is literally useless in this country because there are no steel challenge S.A sanctioned matches in canada that im aware of.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    that is what I am trying to determine
    If hardly anybody buys a steel master then the match master might be a better choice for resale, but I hope to keep the gun for a few years, (but if I buy a gun and do not like it in 2 weeks I dislike having to lose 1200 beans to get rid of it because everyone wants the other pistol)

thanks for your answer
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by serbinator View Post
    dude just get the match master in 9 major. 38 SC is too expensive hence why 9 major guns are selling 10:1. the steel master is literally useless in this country because there are no steel challenge S.A sanctioned matches in canada that im aware of.

CGN frequent flyer
    try to find someone who has a trubor or try to find someone who owns a matchmaster and shoot both and see which one feels better. really both a trubor or a matchmaster in 9 major will sell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    trying to do that now thanks

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by serbinator View Post
    try to find someone who has a trubor or try to find someone who owns a matchmaster and shoot both and see which one feels better. really both a trubor or a matchmaster in 9 major will sell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast