Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPSC Open division - STI Trubor or Matchmaster?

IPSC Open division - STI Trubor or Matchmaster?

I have been toying with the idea lately about jumping from Production/Classic in IPSC to either Open or Standard. With my near eyesight getting older all the time I think the wise idea would be open. I am quite happy with my various 1911 platforms so I think that a 2011 setup would be the best. Down to a couple choices for STI, either the Trubor or Matchmaster. Looks like they are close to the same price, but could use some advice on which way would be better. Would be looking at shooting 9mm major.
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 01-25-2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Changed "Class" to "Division" to get the right terminology

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    It's hard to steer you one way or the other with the Matchmaster and Trubor.

The difference between the two guns is how they feel - which is very personal.

The Matchmaster with it's shorter slide and shorter barrel has less momentum for target to target swings, but it's a little more "blasty" (if that's a word) since the comp is closer to your face and the slide is so light.
    The Trubor is a bit softer shooting; being longer & heavier, but carries more momentum in transitions due to it's unaltered slide and longer barrel.

I shoot a matchmaster and love it. We sell just as many of one as the other these days.

Thanks for the input, will be looking at purchasing around the end of March (happily out of the country for a bit) Do you normally carry both in stock in 9mm?

Trubor all the way, now just the 9mm major or 38super

Quote Originally Posted by misterzr View Post
    Thanks for the input, will be looking at purchasing around the end of March (happily out of the country for a bit) Do you normally carry both in stock in 9mm?
    As of right now, I have one blue Trubor in 9mm in stock, one hard chrome Match Master 9mm in stock and 3 blue 9mm ones. I expect more Trubors in hard chrome and blue in about 4-6 weeks.
    So yes, they're normally stocked guns.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    Trubor all the way, now just the 9mm major or 38super
    We sell ten 9mm Majors for every one 38 super Open gun these days.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Regular
    I would recommend trying to see if you can find a friendly open class shooter and put a few rounds down range through either option. Personally I find the difference in blast and recoil makes the longer slide much more preferable, opinions vary but if you don't like the 'blasty' shorter slide it's best to find out before you buy the gun :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    which one is better for smaller hands like in quite small

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    which one is better for smaller hands like in quite small

Jeff
    Hi Jeff.

Both have exactly the same grip dimensions; you can get a shorter trigger and can shave the grips to help them get smaller...

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    thanks Jeff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    thanks can you comment on the differences between the match master and the steel master please

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    It's hard to steer you one way or the other with the Matchmaster and Trubor.

The difference between the two guns is how they feel - which is very personal.

The Matchmaster with it's shorter slide and shorter barrel has less momentum for target to target swings, but it's a little more "blasty" (if that's a word) since the comp is closer to your face and the slide is so light.
    The Trubor is a bit softer shooting; being longer & heavier, but carries more momentum in transitions due to it's unaltered slide and longer barrel.

I shoot a matchmaster and love it. We sell just as many of one as the other these days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast