Vz58 Polymer Magazines: How Many Should We Pin?

How many polymer Vz58 magazines would you personally buy?

• None, I love me my metal milsurps

Votes: 27 10.2%
  • I really don't know until MSRP is locked down

Votes: 39 14.7%
  • 1 just to try out

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 2 to live on the belt

Votes: 26 9.8%
  • 3 to fill the chest rig

Votes: 18 6.8%
  • 4 or more because I fricken love my Vz/Cz

Votes: 143 54.0%

• Total voters
Part of my order arrived on Feb 23, shipped out of AB, but still no mags, or the balance of the order.

Was the same for me and a large order I put it a few months back. But it all made it eventually and the guys at Zahal always got back to me to let me know what's was up even got some free swag! Great guys great stuff just gotta be patient sometimes I guess as others get there stuff quick from them.

DLask extended mag release woes. It looks like this release pivots the magazine just enough (an 1/8" or so) that the bolt hold open is intermittent at best. I may look at adjusting the fit to hopefully eliminate this issue. The magazine runs very smooth though. No pull tabs on the these mags, unlike the picture.

Well more bad news. It turns out it's not the mag release causing the issue. We tested out both the magazines in another 858 today, factory spec, with the same results. It looks like the bolt hold open tab of these mags doesn't travel high enough to successfully actuate the bolt hold. Hopefully FAB Defense will change/adjust the mold for future generations and correct this issue...

Got the poly mags too. No pull tabs on the bottom.
Bolt hold open works fine on the VZ58. Smooth as silk. I really like them in the vz58. I plan to get a few more poly mags now that I've tried them.
Bolt hold open does not work on the 858 - not a deal breaker for me anyways, since I like the metal mags in the Beaver unit.

What exactly is your issue with your mags ?

I have a Dlask extended mag release install and no issues at all with the magazine. They hold open every time and all have 100rds and more thru it.

The bolt hold tab on the magazines doesn't rise enough to engage and lock the bolt back on an empty magazine. Tried it on 858 with DLask mag release and a bone stock 858 Canadian edition of a buddy`s. I'm going to try shave the top of the follower a bit and clearance the tab window to try and get things to work.

Turns out there is enough tilt in the follower to not engage/keep tension on the magazine's bolt hold open tab. Original metal mags have a long skirt on the front of the follower to reduce tilt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom