View Poll Results: How many polymer Vz58 magazines would you personally buy?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, I love me my metal milsurps

27 10.19%
  • I really don't know until MSRP is locked down

39 14.72%
  • 1 just to try out

12 4.53%
  • 2 to live on the belt

26 9.81%
  • 3 to fill the chest rig

18 6.79%
  • 4 or more because I fricken love my Vz/Cz

143 53.96%
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vz58 Polymer Magazines: How Many Should We Pin?

Vz58 Polymer Magazines: How Many Should We Pin?

We're talking with Fab this week to make sure we get some of their new Vz58 polymer magazines pinned and shipped over to Canada ASAP.

The question we have to ask of you is: how many should we do?

We're not big on pre-orders and that sort of thing, but we would love your feedback! The poll here will be our starting point for the initial run of Canadian magazines.

MSRP is ball park between $17-25 USD, but for safety's sake lets imagine on the high side and hypothetically say these are $36 CAD by the time we get them pinned. How many would you want?

If you haven't seen them already, Fab Defense announced a new polymer Vz magazine at Shot Show last week:

Cz 858 drum mags for us Canadians please

What about .223/5.56?

That's a little pricey for me when the original factory ones run 100% and cost about $20. Otherwise they look pretty cool.
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Sounds reasonable. I haven't seen any original mags for $20 in a long time, and $30 seems to be the norm.

I'd be interested in green ones.

I would however insist they are properly riveted to 5.5 rounds so that you can insert them on a closed bolt as others have stated in the previous thread on these. Please make sure of this, and I will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    What about .223/5.56?
    +1 need 5.56

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I'll take 4 black ones ATLEAST

I too would prefer if they were pinned to 5.5. Nothing like getting a mag pinned to tight the won't seat on a closed bolt
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I'll take 4 black ones ATLEAST

I too would prefer if they were pinned to 5.5. Nothing like getting a mag pinned to tight the won't seat on a closed bolt
    Exactly my thoughts. I would buy at least 4 if they were pinned to 5.5
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Thanks to everybody who gave us the heads up on that one! We're making that very clear in our discussions with Fab.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    What about .223/5.56?
    The issue with making new mags for the 5.56 CSA rifles is a matter of install base. When we look at the number of 7.62 rifles out there compared to the 5.56 version, you've got decades of military production and international sales behind the 7.62 version.

When you compare the ratio of 7.62 to 5.56 Vz's out there in the world, it's not like a matter of 2:1 or even 10:1. It's closer to 100:1 in terms of global numbers.

It's also a matter of manufacturing. If this was an easy follower swap, then certainly Fab would sign on. But feeding 5.56 requires a different curvature of the mag body, which means an entirely different magazine mold.

Right now, it is unlikely Fab will pursue a 5.56 version of this magazine. But who's to say what might come next year? Particularly if we do some serious volume of Vz 7.62 magazines across the globe, we might be able to make a convincing argument for a 5.56 version.

Honestly we think it would be great is CSA in Czech Republic could go to Fab and get a deal going to manufacture their guns with Fab 5.56 mags out of the box!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I agree that they would need to be pinned to 5.5 so that they could be inserted on a closed bolt. This is a problem that I know folks are having with many of the 5.56 mags.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast