Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout Tavor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Im looking for a kit.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Sorry fellas, but there are no 300BLK Tavor or conversion kit planned at this moment in time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer twistedbrilliance's Avatar
    6.5 or 6.8 conversions would be good too!
    lib*er*al: 'li-b(&-)r&l
    noun: a person so open-minded their brains have fallen out

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Sorry fellas, but there are no 300BLK Tavor or conversion kit planned at this moment in time.
    Gotta say I am really disappointed with North Sylva's support (or lack there of) for the Tavor platform.

Can you guys pick it up or drop it all together so the previous importer can do it again? When they had the distribution contract they had all kinds of parts including barrels of both lengths.

Jon, I appreciate our talks via phone once in a while, but your company has done a dis-service to the IWI line in particular. Very disappointing, leaves so much to be desired, and quite possible the single biggest detractor that should keep others from adopting the platform.

Please do better going forward, this line has so much to offer and so much more potentail if your company would just step it up in these areas.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Gotta say I am really disappointed with North Sylva's support (or lack there of) for the Tavor platform.

Can you guys pick it up or drop it all together so the previous importer can do it again? When they had the distribution contract they had all kinds of parts including barrels of both lengths.

Jon, I appreciate our talks via phone once in a while, but your company has done a dis-service to the IWI line in particular. Very disappointing, leaves so much to be desired, and quite possible the single biggest detractor that should keep others from adopting the platform.

Please do better going forward, this line has so much to offer and so much more potentail if your company would just step it up in these areas.
    Simply put: The problem lies with us getting unfavorable pricing from IWI. IWI USA gets much lower price on parts, etc due to the large quantity they order than we do and in the end the customers want lower price so they usually ended up buying parts from the US anyways and we can't blame them.

Tavor 9mm conversion kit is expected to MSRP around $1700 and the 300BLK kit will cost similar to that if not more. How much of an interest is there with that price in mind?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Simply put: The problem lies with us getting unfavorable pricing from IWI. IWI USA gets much lower price on parts, etc due to the large quantity they order than we do and in the end the customers want lower price so they usually ended up buying parts from the US anyways and we can't blame them.

Tavor 9mm conversion kit is expected to MSRP around $1700 and the 300BLK kit will cost similar to that if not more. How much of an interest is there with that price in mind?
    MSRP on the blackout kit is 499 USD, how is 1700+ CAD explainable?

None here

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    MSRP on the blackout kit is 499 USD, how is 1700+ CAD explainable?
    Its not. The previous importer had barrels at a normal price, compairable to what US pricing now is...
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by zibzer View Post
    What do you guys think of hunting deer with a Tavor 300blkout ?

Do you think it's a little too "tactical" or do you think it would be a great idea?
    These are a evolution in firearms as the lever and bolt guns where in there time. Yes, hunt with it I will be. Military has always been the push forward in firearms development. Just the way it is. Black rifles are the model 94's of our fathers.

Correct me if of wrong on this, but the 300 kit uses the same bolt as the 5.56 so it's only the barrel right? Unlike the 9mm kit that has bolt barrel and mag block? And gas block I think? So why would it cost more then the 9mm kits? Dlask help us out here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast