CGN frequent flyer
    Ext for AB CFO is 9026.
    peace..through superior firepower!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaron View Post
    They seldom return calls either..
    xt 7503 for CFO for ONT
    they generally return my calls within 1 day

Ditto. They have been fine for me. It's the AFO that I am waiting on....

Anyone have the email addresses? They should probably be posted in here too.

It's sort of hilarious.

I needed to call the BC CFO, I found this number first form 2014. 778-571-3400 It's out of service. Then found the number in this thread (604) 586-2562. Also out of service. Removing the numbers from their web site then changing and eventually getting rid of the local numbers is like they're trying to hide from the public. Getting hold of them is like a game of whack-a-mole.

I should mention that the main number with extension 9530 does work. Also not listed on the web site. It was a 15 minute wait and then spoke to a lovely lady. At least they always seem nice when do finally get through to them.

Ext for manitoba is 8004

CGN Regular
    7005 pour le quebec

Sharing some info that some may find useful - RE Ontario CFO.

A couple weeks ago, I was waiting for a restricted transfer to be completed on their end. It has been 2 weeks since starting it, so I called (the national number). Spoke with Brenda who is always a sweetie pie (not sarcastic), and basically said, wtf's up, shouldn't this be done by now, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.
    She said it should definitely be completed by then, then put me on hold to check.
    She then confirmed that transfer had been approved, but the Ontario CFO likely forgot to "read the instructions in the notes for them to email me the transfer notification".
    So she transferred me on the phone to the Ontario CFO, and I got the robot message that said, "All of our agents are busy, and you can not remain on hold, so please try calling again later".
    So I used the phone extension that Brenda told me to keep trying to call the Ontario CFO. I got that bulls#it robot message for the next hour and 15 minutes after repeatedly calling back every 30 seconds trying to get through.

At that point, I found this thread and called the direct number to the Ontario CFO... miraculously, someone answered, but seemed shocked and astonished that her phone actually rang. I said I'm looking for someone to email me a transfer notification, and she very defensively said that she was the front reception desk woman (secretary) and that I wasn't allowed to call her for these things, and that I have to call the other number (that I had been ringing for the last 1.25 hours). I told her nobody was answering that, and she said sorry, and hung up...

I kept ringing the initial number, and after about another 45 minutes, I finally got a robot that said "All of our agents are busy, BUT you can stay on the line and your call will be answered chronologically"... which was HUGE progress.

After about 30 minutes waiting for an agent on hold, someone picked up who sounded like she had lost her voice and was sick with a cold named Tracy, I asked her, "Do you mind if I ask how many people you guys have in the Ontario CFO who process these restricted transfers?". And then she paused for a moment, and quietly said "just a couple".

She ended up emailing it to me, and it took all of 2 minutes while actually on the phone with someone.
    But seriously, 2 people in all of Ontario doing this... what BS!! This should all be automated in some way or another. What a toxic and inefficient process.

6505 is the NS direct local.
    Blaming guns for gun crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat...

Trying to contact CFO Ontario today, so I will share what I found.

Email cfoon@cfp-pcaf.ca
    Phone 1-800-731-4000,,1,1,7503 (personal)(no answer)
    (comma = pause)
    Phone 705-329-5522 (not personal?)
    Last edited by Low Velocity; 11-07-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    You'll put your eye out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast